Thread: 5.5 score for my Ram on Windows experience index

5.5 score for my Ram on Windows experience index

I had upgraded from Windows xp to Windows 7 operating system .I am facing certain issue , I know that I can use the Windows Experience index to measure up the performance , I do not actually know how to use it , but I was being told that the score was 5.5 . I am facing an issue with the RAM it is not being accepted , can you tell me a bit about this Windows we experience index in brief and how I can make use of it , I am really confused. Hope I will get the replies soon .

Re: 5.5 score for my Ram on Windows experience index

I think you need to make some changes in the ratio of your RAM in the BIOS , If it is set to 8.0, you can increase it upto 10.0 , there might be also an issue with the Volatge , if it is being set high , you will get some sort of warning and may face similar kind of problems that you are faing right now , I think you should restore back all the settings that you had set originally, you will not get any sort of problems then.

The Windows Experience Index estimates the ability of your computer's hardware and software configuration and states this dimension as a figure known a base score. A top base score normally means that your system will perform superior and quicker than a system with a lower base score, particularly when performing more superior and resource- thorough tasks.

You can use the base score to self-assuredly purchase programs and other applications that are coordinated to your system's base score. For instance, if your system has a base score of 3.3, then you can self-assuredly buy any application designed for this edition of Windows that needs a system with a base score of 3 or lower.The base scores currently range from 1 to 5.9. The Windows Experience Index is designed to contain progress in computer technology. As hardware rate and performance get better, superior base scores will be commence. However, the principles for every level of the index stay the same. For instance, a system scored as a 2.8 will stay a 2.8 except you make a decision to upgrade the system's hardware.