Thread: How to kill auto arrange of icons in windows 7 explorer

How to kill auto arrange of icons in windows 7 explorer

Hey I have windows 7 operating system in my asus laptop. I have some question. I am not able to drag as well as move image in windows 7 explorer window, I am not able to disable align to grid, I am not able to disable grouping, I am not able to disable sorting, so please help me out in any way .any answer you have you can suggest me over here. Desperately waiting for any reply.

Re: How to kill auto arrange of icons in windows 7 explorer

Windows Explorer in Windows 7 utilizes an old custom list vision control that does not support custom ordering similar to the old one did. Consequently in folder views you be able to no longer drag items around to reorganize them. Mostly, no one utilized this (apart from on the desktop, where it is still supported), as well as re-implementing it in the fresh virtualized list view was not worth the cost.

Do not be so rapid to suppose that now for the reason that you did not utilize this that "no one utilized this." I utilized the heck out of this, as well as so did most public. When downloading a file, that Windows sorts it though Windows observe healthy, particularly while you do not recognize the file name as well as it is in a folder full of files. It is approximately not possible to locate the file, as well as while you perform; Microsoft would obtain far less resistance from public to upgrade to fresh version to Windows if it were not for the information that each new version constantly removes old features that public knew as well as utilized the heck out of.

From my opinion if image be able to be arranged generously on desktop, so the capability to turn off auto arrange in folders subsist in the system, I am looking for a method to re-enable it. The characteristic you are seem to be for has been renamed to Sort by, as well as is no longer in the View part of the right press menu. Now you have to right press, and after that you have to highlight Sort by, as well as select the choice you would like to organize by.