Thread: How to backup a Windows 7 system to a Network attached Drive using the Windows backup utility

How to backup a Windows 7 system to a Network attached Drive using the Windows backup utility

I have windows 7 installed operating system in my HP laptop When I utilize the tool, it merely lists a DVD drive as an choice to backup, it does not locate the network drive as well as the tool does not appear to provide you an alternative to search for it manually .you just have to refresh key. Any help would be great. So please tell me How to backup a Windows 7 system to a Network attached Drive utilizing the Windows backup utility.

Re: How to backup a Windows 7 system to a Network attached Drive using the Windows backup utility

From my opinion ISTR that you must buy Windows 7 or to backup to a network share utilizing the installed backup program. The Windows 7 Home sequence is not able to perform networked backups. The Windows backup feature is obtainable on the entire the Windows 7 edition. Though, backup to network share is not obtainable on Home Basic, Home Premium as well as Starter versions. Merely if you are utilizing the Professional or Ultimate editions of Windows 7, you will as well have the alternative of backing up your files to a network.

Re: How to backup a Windows 7 system to a Network attached Drive using the Windows backup utility

If you are not able to browse to the share you be supposed to be capable to type the share name in,while you open "Computer" from the Start Menu you have to press on "Network”. You have to observe the network drive there. If not after that you would have to type in the name or enable Network Discovery or several other choices so that you are able to browse to the share.

What I did was finding an old IDE disk drive, put it in an outside USB enclosure as well as backs my system up utilizing it. From there the entire I had to perform is copy my files over to a network drive. It may be a tiny more complicated than I would like, however it workings. It permits me to set as well as forget the backups as well as the file copy. If the old disk ever dies, I will put back it by means of a fresh 1TB SATA USB drive as well as remain the procedure going. In addition, backups openly to a network drive take forever as well as eat a bunch of CPU. If the network is busy, it is able to get days to back up a full disk across a network. This answer is fast as well as supported.

Thanks. But I am able to access as well as browse the share in addition to drive just well. My issue is that I am attempting to setup the automatic Backup tool in Windows. It is for the duration of that setup that I am not able to place any network drive. It is supposed to list outside drives too, no? Contain any network attached storage devices. I be able to backup utilizing the Western Digital software just well. so, does the imbedded Windows 7 Backup software carry Network Drives, as well as be able to it "auto-discover"?Thanks