Thread: Can I install Meego, Windows xp and Ubuntu Meego on same netbook?

Can I install Meego, Windows xp and Ubuntu Meego on same netbook?

Hi I at present have XP and Ubuntu on my netbook, XP for Windows Programs. I do not much use Ubuntu but my brother does for programming stuffs and tv viewing, then justa thought came into my mind using Meego for general surfing. I attempted before but was not successful in doing so ,for that reason I have posted my question in here to resolve my issue , is it possible to do so , please guide me on the same.

Re: Can I install Meego, Windows xp and Ubuntu Meego on same netbook?

If the above circumstances does not occur there might be acase that something other might happen , you will not be able to go into XP and Ubuntu any longer, you should have use a XP setup disk to save your system. So here is what you should do, prior to you attempt anything : Take a back up you MBR information before you lose something and some restore some of the applications that are useful before anything goes wrong

If you are content with grub2 boot loader, well, then I consider your work is almost done t. But if you want to put on a enhanced interface, you may want to try a software called Bootthink or related programs. With this program as a main bootloader, when you switch on your netbook, a screen with 3 icons(xp, ubuntu and meego) will be displayed and you can select which system you want to come into with array keys..

I guess here is how you can do it: Utilizing Gparted in Ubuntu to remove and re-make the 20GB location to a new partition (you can do this to create the partition bootable, as there may be a bootloader installing issue in Meego). If so you can install it in to a new partition with a FS of ext3 I will recommend you not to use use brxxx, grub2 , I do think it will get t recognized .