Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Can I install Meego, Windows xp and Ubuntu Meego on same netbook?

Operating Systems

Old 24-01-2011

Can I install Meego, Windows xp and Ubuntu Meego on same netbook?

Hi I at present have XP and Ubuntu on my netbook, XP for Windows Programs. I do not much use Ubuntu but my brother does for programming stuffs and tv viewing, then justa thought came into my mind using Meego for general surfing. I attempted before but was not successful in doing so ,for that reason I have posted my question in here to resolve my issue , is it possible to do so , please guide me on the same.

Old 24-01-2011

Re: Can I install Meego, Windows xp and Ubuntu Meego on same netbook?

If the above circumstances does not occur there might be acase that something other might happen , you will not be able to go into XP and Ubuntu any longer, you should have use a XP setup disk to save your system. So here is what you should do, prior to you attempt anything : Take a back up you MBR information before you lose something and some restore some of the applications that are useful before anything goes wrong
Old 24-01-2011

If you are content with grub2 boot loader, well, then I consider your work is almost done t. But if you want to put on a enhanced interface, you may want to try a software called Bootthink or related programs. With this program as a main bootloader, when you switch on your netbook, a screen with 3 icons(xp, ubuntu and meego) will be displayed and you can select which system you want to come into with array keys..
Old 24-01-2011

I guess here is how you can do it: Utilizing Gparted in Ubuntu to remove and re-make the 20GB location to a new partition (you can do this to create the partition bootable, as there may be a bootloader installing issue in Meego). If so you can install it in to a new partition with a FS of ext3 I will recommend you not to use use brxxx, grub2 , I do think it will get t recognized .

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,