Thread: Manually rearrange files in a folder within Windows 7 Professional

Manually rearrange files in a folder within Windows 7 Professional

Hi all, I am not able to reorganize picture files manually inside any folder. I want to upload the photos but it very significant that they should be in the same order as they are displayed in the folder. This is also very compulsory when we are setting the slide show presentations. Can you tell me that how can I do this in windows 7. I was able to do that in Windows XP and have recently switched to Windows 7 and therefore I am having less knowledge regarding this. I would be really helpful if you provide me any help regarding this. Thank you.

Re: Manually rearrange files in a folder within Windows 7 Professional

The modifications that are done in the Windows 7 are in fact by design. I mean that we have to live with this changes till the Microsoft changes it otherwise make available an alternative for this. This is the only thing that I can say at this point of time. I hope that in future they will do the changes in the next release of their product so that users should not have any problem with that.

As it can be considered as a negligible alternative but then also it is for a lot of essential. I considered that Vista was a ache by taking power gone from the user except this alternative is consequently fundamental. Why to take away it? Is Microsoft tranquil trying to "defend" the customer? Removing my aptitude to shift files inside a folder is defensive me. Hey, perhaps there may be a bright side. I am lastly glad to make use of my Vista machine. In any case I can shift my files liberally. As you speak that we have to wait and observe.

As you said that it is the negligible alternative but if it is one that you would wish to restore then I would powerfully promote you to put forward your feedback at Windows 7 Feedback, as they are absolutely welcoming every proposition intended for development. This will be the best suggestion I can say to attract the attention of Microsoft towards this problem. This is just a suggestion to you. Thank you very much.