Thread: How to locate the “send to” folder in Windows 7

How to locate the “send to” folder in Windows 7

Guys, I have installed the Windows 7 operating system pto my computer. All the things are working fine for me. Now I need to add some solder to "Send To" command line but not able to locate the desired folder in that. I tried many things but that do not help me. May be I am doing that in wrong way. So if you are having any idea that how I can do that then please post your suggestion over here. Thank you very much in advance for reading and replying to this post.

Re: How to locate the “send to” folder in Windows 7

I think that you are on the right place to get the answer. If you want to add the folders to “send to” command line then you have to go to Users\yourusername \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo. From here you will be able to add the folders in that. I am not did this before but one of my friends told me that this will definitely going to work. I wish that it will do that for you. Thank you and good Luck!!!

As you told that you need to make the “SEND TO” LINKS for the right click on menu for the Windows 7. Just go to the C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo folder and after that follow the steps that are given below.
    1. First of all, right click at right window pane which lists other shortcuts.
    2. Select create shortcut
    3. Browse the executable program.
    4. Select Ok.
    5. Select Next
    6. Name the shortcut by means of a descriptive name for the shortcut
    7. Select Finish.

I would like to tell you that the SendTo folder is situated at %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo. This folder is totally dissimilar as it is there in Windows XP. The AppData folder in hidden folder for your profile and therefore it will not be visible to you. Honestly, I am telling you that I am not able to get the Send To folder. I think that it is a hidden folder. I hope that the above given post will help you.

It is correct that the Send To folder is a hidden folder. You can found that at the location C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\SendTo. If you wish to see the hidden folders then you have to modify the settings in your computer accordingly so that hidden folders be visible to you. Now go to search and there you have to type 'Send To' and this will let you directly to that folder. So try this and I hope that this will help you. Thank you.