Thread: How can I close a group of windows?

How can I close a group of windows?

I have recently installed the Windows 7 on my computer. I have set "Never Combine" taskbar buttons kin the properties and so I am getting four different Windows Explorer buttons if I open four folders. In the previous versions of the Windows, I was able to choose the buttons one by one with the help of Ctrl+Click and then I was able to close all those buttons with "Close Group" from the right-click-menu. But this is not able to work with the Windows 7. I am sure that there must be something to do that in Windows 7 and I don’t k now the technique to do that. So if anyone over here knows that how that can be done in windows 7 with “Never Combine" set then please let me know that. I will be thankful to all the replies.

Re: How can I close a group of windows?

As far as my information says that this feature is not possible in the Windows 7 operating system. If you want to close the group of windows in Windows 7 then you have to set the “always combined” mode on and then only you will be able to close the group of windows together. There may some way to do that and I wish that someone will give information about that. Thank you.

You can try to one thing and see if that can do it. Keep press and hold the Ctrl key and click on the task icons that you want to close and then right click on that. This will show you some options. Last option will be as the close group option. Select that option and that will close all the selected buttons. I am not personally using the Windows 7 so I am not very much confident about that but this should work on this as it is working on all the Windows version of the operating system.

If you right click on top of the icon from the task bar or super bar and after that select close Window which is there at the bottom of the window. But this should be given that the application has its windows grouped. If you do that then it will close them the entire. I have just experienced and tried this through Windows 7 open Internet Explorer windows and it was working fine in that. I hope that this will do the same for you.