Thread: Preview pane cannot show preview of jpg files

Preview pane cannot show preview of jpg files

My computer is running the Windows 7 in that. I don’t have any problem with any of the function of that except the preview pane. I am not able to see the preview of the jpg files in preview pane. Is there anyone who can tell me the solution for this issue? I also know that there are some fixes that can be done to solve the issue like registry changes but I don’t want to apply that till it is not very definite to the Windows 7 operating system. I badly need the solution for this. Please help us. I expect quick replies on this topic.

Re: Preview pane cannot show preview of jpg files

Can you see the rectangular icon which will be there at the top right of the Windows Explorer? This is the preview pane button; you can try to toggle that button on/off at the same time as listing picture files and see if that can help you solve the problem. If the preview pane is visible to you and then also you are not able to see the see the image when you click on the image then there may be some other problem and this looks some strange. I think that there may be something missing from it but I am sure about this. I hope that you will get more accurate answer for this soon but by that time you can try the one that I have suggested and see if that is able to solve the issue.

OK, If the above post helps you to get the image preview back then you can try to customize the containing folder as Pictures. To do that, you just have to right click on the folder and choose the Properties. From the propertied window, select Customize tab and from the drop down menu choose pictures. Save the changes and see if that can help you get out of the problem. This is the only thing that I can suggest you right now. Good Luck!!!

There is one more thing that can affect this. If you have selected the "Always show icons, never thumbnails" in the advanced settings then also this issue can be occurred. If you want to confirm that then you have to open the control panel and select Folder options. Choose the View tab and then click on the advance button. You will be able to see one checkbox that says "Always show icons, never thumbnails". Untick that checkbox and save the changes. Close the Folder options window and see if that can solve the problem. I wish that this van solve the issue for you.

It is possible that the operating system (Windows 7) that you have installed in your system is corrupted and that is the reason you are getting the problems like this. If none of the above solution is able to help you then the one and only option that is left for you is to install the operating system again. Before that you can try to repair the system but I don’t think that this is going to be of any use. So take the bootable CD of the operating CD and boot from the CD. Do a clean install of Windows 7 and see if that can help you. If possible then do the installation with the different copy of the setup and see the result. There are more chances that this will resolve the issue.