Thread: Windows 7 Ultimate: Cannot see make folder offline option

Windows 7 Ultimate: Cannot see make folder offline option

Hi all, I am having the Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit) version installed in my computer and I have properly connected to the networked share. But my problem is that I am not able to see the option for make the folder offline. Normally it should be there in the context menu if we right click on the network share. Many of my IT friends are not able to solve the problem. Now I don’t have any idea that what should be done to resolve the problem. I will be really grateful if anyone of you can provide me some suggestion regarding this problem. Thank you.

Re: Windows 7 Ultimate: Cannot see make folder offline option

If you want that the offline option becomes available for the network folders then you have to permit use of offline files. If you have disabled the offline files then in order to use that file or have access to those files from network folder, you will have to enable the offline files option. If you need to enable the offline files use then you will have to do the following.
    1. Click on start and in the search box, type offline files and press enter. This will show you the list of results and you have to select Manage offline files.
    2. Go to General tab and select Enable offline files.
    3. Once you are done with this then you will have to restart your computer and then only the changes will take effect. This is the best way to solve the problem and I hope that this will do the same for you also.

If you need that the files otherwise folders should be accessible offline then you can do the following. I am not saying that the above posted answer is wrong but this is because if the above post does not help you then you can take this option as an alternative for this solution.
    1. Position the network file otherwise folder that you desire to create accessible offline while connected to the network.
    2. Now Right-click on the file otherwise folder and select available offline.

If you are using the files on the network, you can build the files accessible offline therefore you can have the right of entry to them still when your computer is not associated to network. This is particularly helpful if you make use of a laptop to attach to a workplace network. When you build a file accessible offline, Windows make a copy of the file on top of your computer. This is known as the offline file. After that time you cut off from the network, you will still be capable to open, adjust, and keep the file the similar method you would if you were tranquil connected. And when you do attach to the network once more then Windows will mechanically sync the offline file on top of your computer by means of the corresponding file resting on the network.

If you have ever required the right to use significant files stored in a communal folder in the network but could not since your laptop was detached from the network then you be able to recognize the requirement for offline files. With offline files, you can way in copies of the network files still when your computer is not attached to the network.Working through offline files is simple. You just select the files (otherwise folders) on top of your network that you desire to construct accessible offline. Windows mechanically makes a copy of every file on your computer. These copies are known as offline files. You can work by means of these files still when you are not attached to network, and after that time you attach, Windows will mechanically sync your offline files by means of the unique files within the network folder.

I would like to tell you that the Offline files are nothing but the files that are stored on the network otherwise when network folder in which files are kept in is not obtainable. If you need to determine that how much the hard disk space the offline files use then it will be dependent on the size and number of your offline. His is the only suggestion that O can give you right now.