Thread: Run Meego on Beagleboard

Run Meego on Beagleboard

Hello people , I have read a bit about the maemo and the meego operating system that were been using the N900 or similar sort of smart phones , but this time I have come with a different query , My question is about the running the Meego operating system over the beagle board , has any one tried it , if any one is familiar with the steps of running on the beagle board OMAP3? Please post your reply back , Thank you in advance .

Re: Run Meego on Beagleboard

The point of course is that LCD touch screens are costly, so when match up to the price of a BeagleBoard+LCD+Bits with N900 there may be fewer than 100 EUR in it.A lot of people workwithout the LCD as you can connect a normal monitor into IGEPv2 (and perhaps BB, verify yourself!).If you intend to do application development simply and you wish for something , but I do not think you will be able to beat the N900 .to put in your pocket and show your friends and don't have cash for both I don't think you can beat the N900 (at least it also has 2nd hand value). If you intend on kernel development or intend to change rootfs or very important system components then a development board has to be the method. I think this was a bit helpful to you.

MeeGo on the BeagleBoard opens a few very good chances by merging good touchscreen User interfaces with the capability to interface hardware on the basis of user’s requirements. Possibilities vary from home computerization via nonspecific sensorics to remote control devices Since the processor for the beagleboard C4 is an OMAP3530 and the N900 at present has a alike processor, it looks sensible to begin with the ARM page.

This topic is intended to clarify some of the basics of getting MeeGo to function on the BeagleBoard including the a variety of UX variants and the a variety of beagleboard options. This will be the establishment for "visions" concerning the usage of MeeGo outside the phone/tablet/netbook/ivi world. A few of these ideas might very well be deplyed until then because they can be based upon related things I have begin with maemo when the devices were still capable to work with the usb host.

The Linux Foundation programming team place together an image for demonstration for the period of the Linux Foundation essential address at the GENIVI conference based on .MeeGo 0.9 and posseses the SGX drivers fixed. Also preinstalled are the XFCE-Desktop are already being installed .You will have to make use of a kickstart file to create a rootfs for armv7. You will require mic2 & user form qemu for ARM instruction set. Usage of mic is recommended . You will require at least version 0.19 of mic. mic-image-creator will also require a /usr/bin/qemu-arm-static which you can almost certainly locate in your distributions packages. There are different commands being used for the Ubuntu users and the Debian users . Then once you have done this you can save it as meego-beagle-rootfs-daily.ks and run it with
    Code:
    sudo mic-image-creator --run-mode=0 --cache=mycachedir --format=fs --arch=armv7l --config=meego-beagle-rootfs-daily.ks