Thread: Windows 7 don't allow to arrange image files

Windows 7 don't allow to arrange image files

I have installed the Windows 7 on my machine just before some time and I am facing a problem regarding the sorting of files. I am having some image files in my hard drive which I want to arrange as I want to. But this seems to be problematic on windows 7 as it is arranging them as per given algorithms and no option is there to arrange them in which ever way you want.

Re: Windows 7 don't allow to arrange image files

I think the 'My pictures' folder must be 'optimized' for pictures, It might not be in your case. Anyway, you can arrange your files or folder randomly by using the 'pictures', 'music', or 'documents'. Right click on the folder and then go to its properties or customize. Here you may get error as You cannot do it in list view which is not a problem with photos. But all the new files would be going arranged in alphabetical order that you need to move manually.

Somehow missing the functions "Sort by" (None) and align to the grid. Has been optimized away apparently. One can now only be realized through a number or letter before the actual folder name its folders do according to his (sort by "Name"). Looks very stupid of conformity, but its purpose. But it's got to be another solution for this? If the Microsoft fix with NEM Update? Can we somehow contact Microsoft? Otherwise I am very satisfied with Windows 7 and I would buy (Professional 64-bit). But that does not bother with folders or even files but me very much.

Want to hang times in the discussion (not a PC pro am), I see the absence of the possibility of the manual is moving files and folders in Windows 7 for me a great disappointment. The procedure described by official website, I have already combed through, but without success, it opens itself to the Group By>> More Details, a window with dozens of useless options. Hope that further discussion participants report with absolute clear view, find the one way or the Microsoft wakes up and furnish a possibility. Otherwise, I prefer I consider going back to XP, because I still have not found benefit of Windows 7 with respect to XP.