Thread: Valid credentials for Password for Meego Live Installation in dell mini

Valid credentials for Password for Meego Live Installation in dell mini

I have got a Dell Mini 10v notebook, it has Intel Atom processor installed in it , I use Windows xp operating in it , although I have heard that in it I can install Meego operating system as well , can this be done if yes has anyone got any idea how I can install a Meego operating system in the netbook or notebook or whatever you techies call it , I will give you what ever detail you need , but please give me the valuable responses on this I will be very grateful. Thank you in advance .

Re: Valid credentials for Password for Meego Live Installation in dell mini

You can follow the below given steps for loading the MeeGo live image on your netbook, notebook or even your desktop PC:
    • For that you will have to download the newest live image.
    • Byte- you will have to create a copy of the image to a USB drive such as Pen Drive.
    • Then Boot the image on your netbook .

Following are its System Requirements and you will have to check it before you actually install it in your netbook
    • Processor must be Intel Atom or Intel Core 2 CPU (support for SSSE3)
    • make a note of that MeeGo will not function on non-SSSE3 CPUs
    • It only supports GMA-500, Nvidia, while it will not work with ATI graphics chipsets
    • A netbook or nettop platform that is being examined before.

Be certain the USB drive is removed before you begin .A few Linux distributions automatically perform this when it is actually inserted, which can result in corruption while writing.
    Refer the following code
    Code:
    # umount <usb-drive>
    But make sure that the USB is not faulty , if you are being asked about the password you can enter the “Meego“ as both your user id and password , if that does not work , you can enter “root” as the user name and “meego” as your password , I think this will help in your case .’

Use either of these two methods:
    Image Writer (suggested , needs Python >=2.4)
    Image Writer is a minute python executable code that notices your USB drive and writes the image to it. The benefit of using image writer is that it will not unintentionally overwrite your system hard drive. So I will recommend you to download it
    Code:
    	#  cd <directory with downloaded image-writer file>
    # chmod a+x ./image-writer
    # ./image-writer <image file>
    Make use of 'dd' from the command-line
    warning: 'dd' will overwrite any target together with your system hard disk. Ensure you know the accurate value of <usb drive> before you start the process .
    Code:
    # dd bs=4096 if=<image file> of=<usb drive>

Well I do not know about that as it seems that I am stuck atsome location it is asking me for the credentials , I had followed a bit of instructions as you had recommended , but I was stuck somewhere , as you had asked me to copy the meego-preview-netbook-core-20100330-001.usbimg into a USB stick , if I attempt to do it , the booting halts at the shell prompt and asks for some localhost and password , so I will ask you to give me either the user id and password of you are acknowledged regarding the same or tell me the complete steps how I can possibly boot through the Meego operating system in my Dell Mini netbook.