Thread: Installing Meego on Nexus One Smart phone

Installing Meego on Nexus One Smart phone

I am a newbie in using the Smart phones, I just bought an HTC nexus one smart phone , I just know that it works on some sort of operating system , it is Android I reckon , but I am not totally aware about it. I want it to give it to my younger brother as I had bought for him , but I was been asked to install the Meego operating system in the smart phone , can this be done because there is already an operating present there and what if I say that I want to install Meego in it , will it affect much , can any one explain how this can be accomplished . I am waiting for your response . Thank you in advance.

Re: Installing Meego on Nexus One Smart phone

Yes it can be accomplished now you are allowed to dual-boot your Android OS with a additional Meego Operating system . A bit of development has been made in booting the Linux-based Maemo 5 descendant, it is the MeeGo that you were talking about , on a few Android devices. At present Nexus One, Streak, and HTC Desire are all working on the Snapdragon platform and it is that chipset the expansion community is trying to focus on.

Yes I too had heard about such speculations being made The developments is presently facing from problems with driver portability particularly with multitouch, camera. The biggest obstacle is with closed-source feature of Qualcomm 3D drivers, stopping hardware speeding up of the user interface and as a consequence is taking a lot of time in response times. It is running very slow , so I do not think you should go for the dual booting in your smart phone.

However, Nexus One port seems to be showing a lot of progress as the fastest, with dev @vgrade . You can follow the given set of instructions to install Meego on your smart phone.
    • For that you will have to create a MeeGo root file system (rootfs) I and that too in ext2 format
    • Make use of this kick astart as a foundation and do not forget to take in adb support
    • Once you have compiled the image , copy it to linux/rootfs.ext2 on the interior memory of your Nexus Smart phone .
    • Then in the last make use of fastboot to boot to the new operating system.

The Meego port on HTC Nexus Onelooks like the most genuine until now but still the speed is far less than the standard phones . This can be because of nonexistence of a few java based compilers in the port that are needed for hardware speeding up. If you really wish to install MeeGo HTC Nexus One, then you will have to make sure that the ports are still not complete and requires a lot of necessary changes to be done by the developers.