Thread: "...copy this file without its properties?" message while copying Internet bookmarks to thumbdrive

"...copy this file without its properties?" message while copying Internet bookmarks to thumbdrive

I have installed , on my desktop machine since last few weeks and I am not much familiar with this new operating system yet. I am getting some warning kind of message while trying to save the bookmark files to the thumb drive that I connected to the USB port of my machine. I am using shortcut keys as cntl C and cntl V, to copy and paste Internet bookmarks to my pen drive. I haven't seen any such message while doing the same thing on my previous operating system that Windows XP.

Re: "...copy this file without its properties?" message while copying Internet bookmarks to thumbdrive

First of all I would like to ask you about the browser of which you are trying to save the bookmarks. I think you should check about the same issue by using some other browser which might not show you any such problem for saving them onto your pen drive. As there couldn't be any issue regarding the pen drive still you check about the same by formatting your external drive but make sure that you have taken the backup of file that are presently saved on your pen drive.

Re: "...copy this file without its properties?" message while copying Internet bookmarks to thumbdrive

Such problem can also occur when your pen drive is not ready to the save the file in proper format. In other way you can say that your pen drive is not formatted in the proper way due to which it will show you some strange errors. I suggest you to format your drive in NTFS format, You do the same by following the given procedure.

A. First of all insert an External Drive and click on Start and then Computer.

B. Now right click on external drive shown in your Windows Explorer and click to Format it.

C. Go to the "File System" and choose "NTFS" and then click Start. Now try copying the same bookmark files to confirm that problem have gone or not.

I had a similar problem solved differently. 4 weeks ago I switched from IE to the "Portable Firefox", and for years I was really annoyed. The "Portabe Firefox is started from my USB flash drive (512MB). I probably would have stayed in IE if there had been a portable version of it. Incidentally, I have on the USB stick, my email client (TheBat Voyager). ie I have the USB stick with all my browser bookmarks and Cockies and everything that goes with it. And .... which is very important to me .... I have my entire emails, email contacts, etc. always with me. The browser currently takes about 40 MB and 67 MB email program. One or two times a week shall be prepared by stick a backup. I have the advantage that I have "my entire Internet (my familiar environment) was always there no matter where I am.

This is quite simple: Depending on your operating system is the path varies, but always in your profile. Windows 7 it is called eg C: \ Users * username * \ favorites (where username is your login name, of course). This whole directory you copy easily and it can in any other computer or user profile copy again so back. Here, the IE is sometimes easier than Firefox :-) As an Internet Explorer favorites can easily export its complete and you use a html file with all of your saved favorites. This you can then simply pull on the stick. How do you do that when Internet Explorer is different from version to version.

Through Portable Bookmarks you would be able to save bookmark at every times on a USB stick and take your bookmarks on other computers to hand. Portable Bookmarks is with all popular web browsers such as IE, Firefox 2, Opera, Netscape, Firefox 3, Google Chrome, and Safari for Windows compatible.

Special Features:
    1. extracting titles, favicons, description and keywords meta tags of websites
    2. Add details about each bookmark as hotkey, description, keywords, or data for auto login
    3. sort bookmarks by different criteria
    4. Advanced search options for bookmarks
    5. detection of invalid bookmarks
    6. Find and delete duplicate bookmarks automatically
    7. Individual selection of bookmarks with icon and color
    8. Backing up individual folders with a password