Thread: cmd.exe, conhost.exe & csrss.exe using 20% of CPU after boot

cmd.exe, conhost.exe & csrss.exe using 20% of CPU after boot

I am running a Windows 7 Pro on my laptop and I have noticed something wrong on this laptop. Whenever I am booting my laptop then it was running bit slow then the normal speed. So I just took a look at the Task Manager where I saw that the cmd.exe, conhost.exe & csrss.exe were using more then a 20% of CPU which seems to be the reason for slowing down my machine. So I ended the cmd.exe which resulted in killing both the other processes as well. What is the problem with this processes?

Re: cmd.exe, conhost.exe & csrss.exe using 20% of CPU after boot

There could be some virus on your windows 7 machine that might have infected the system files of your windows operating system. Sometime it happens that the system files gets infected by a script that runs in the background and because of which your CPU gets busy little bit more then what it should be. So I think you should scan your whole machine by using any good antivirus software then check that it works or not.

Those who want an overview of the processes and servers will provide active over, the stands with the Process Explorer of Sysinternals Suite which is a useful tool to the side. The Process Explorer provides two windows in the requested information. It shows the top of the active processes are associated with accounts, while displayed in the lower depending on the selected mode, either the handles of the selected process or the loaded DLLs and memory-mapped files. With the search function can be found also processes have loaded the specific DLLs and files.

Version 12.0 of Process Explorer shows directly from the process list out of callable information dialog to a single process and data to the TCP / IP connections, just as it is to accomplish with Windows Vista even with the Resource Monitor. In addition, the Process Explorer is in the notes to be running Windows services, preliminary work which process or thread of the service. The name of svchost.exe that arise under which they operate typically in the process list, is by itself no information as to which service is actually involved and by which thread or process it has started, the new Process Explorer however recognizes this for unpleasant processes.

Process Explorer just to replace the built-in Windows Task Manager to call only him who he is by no means fair. With version 14 may be functional is again grown considerably. System administrators and developers to know and appreciate the Process Explorer has long been the tool for troubleshooting in Windows PCs: The central view provides a list of all running programs with information such as your CPU and RAM consumption and nearly 100 other panels that are to Requirements can and hide. In version 14 is still only 26 fields with the network and disk activity going programs have been added. The process list is organized like a tree, so you can see at a glance, what other process which has started.