Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

All desktop icons are linked and opening same application

Operating Systems

Old 23-01-2011

All desktop icons are linked and opening same application

I dont know what did my cousin do in my computer and now whenver I click on any icons or any programs then they will all open an info screen for Minecraft game. I am not able to open Windows Explorer also. When I asked him what did he do then he also doesnt know anything about it. Can anyone tell me how do I fix this problem before reformatting the operating system back again? Thanks

Old 23-01-2011

Re: All desktop icons are linked and opening same application

Can you try to do a System Restore to a previous time/day when everything was working fine. To do that click on Start and then in the search box, type System Restore, and then, in the list of results, click System Restore. Administrator permission will be required if you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. Follow the steps in the wizard to choose a restore point and restore your computer. More information is given here - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/w...system-restore
Old 23-01-2011

Re: All desktop icons are linked and opening same application

If the above solution doesnt work then you can use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files. To do this, click Start, type Command Prompt or cmd in the Search box, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow. At the command prompt, type sfc /scannow and then press ENTER.
Old 26-01-2011

I think that your user profile might be corrupted. So, you can try to create a new user profile and then try to copy files to the new user profile. After you create the profile, you can copy the files from the existing profile. You must have at least three user accounts on the computer to complete these steps, including the new account you just created. You can find the whole method on how to do this from this link - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...#1TC=windows-7

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,