Thread: Unable to repair windows service using SFC/SCANNOW

Unable to repair windows service using SFC/SCANNOW

I am having window 7 on my computer. Yesterday I was trying to install some software which was compatible with windows 7. However I was having following error while installing the software. “The application could not start because its side by side configuration is incorrect." I had searched on the Google and I had found that I should run SFC/SCANNOW command on command prompt. When I tried to run this command it was prompting that ‘Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service’. Now I am clueless. Please help me so that I can run SFC/SCANNOW and complete with the software installation. Thanks in advance.

Re: Unable to repair windows service using SFC/SCANNOW

I think you should try with Windows Recovery Environment to run System restore.
    1. You should put Windows 7 Disc on the Disk Drive. You have to press any key any to continue with booting from CD.
    2. Now choose a language, a time and currency and input method and click on Next button.
    3. Now click on Repair Computer. You have to choose the drive where you have installed Windows 7 in System Recovery Options dialog box and click on Next button.
    4. Now you have to click on the System restore in System Recovery Options dialog box.
    5. Use the all the instruction provided by System Restore Wizard and select suitable restore point.
    6. Now you have to click on finish to complete the process.

You can use SFC command if you are getting command prompt in Windows Recovery Environment.Enter following command on the command prompt
    Code:
    sfc /scannow
    A message will prompted on the screen which will let you ‘The system scan will begin. ‘ It is possible that it may ask for replacement of file so you might needed windows CD in the disk drive.It will prompt ‘Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations.’ If there is no problem found in your system.Once the process is completed you have to close the command prompt and restart your computer. I am hoping it will help you out from this situation.

Well I am suggesting you that you should run the SFC command offline. You have to copy paste following command on the command prompt.
    Code:
    sfc /SCANNOW /OFFBOOTDIR=c:\ /OFFWINDIR=c:\windows
    Well here C: is the name of the drive where you have installed Windows. I am hoping that above mentioned command will help you out from this particular problem. If you are having any query regarding this problem feel free to ask the same.

I was having the same problem and I have been done lot of research to find the root cause of the problem. I have found that the antivirus program that is MacAfee was causing the problem with SFC/SCANNOW. I have removed the MacAfee from the computer and I am not having any issue with SFC/SCANNOW. So I recommend remove antivirus program from your computer if you are having on it and see helps you or not.