Thread: Dual boot Hibernate on Windows 7

Dual boot Hibernate on Windows 7

I freshly did a clean install for Windows 7 by means of a Fedora 11 dual boot. Following i installed Fedora though, the hibernate does not appear to effort. While I hibernate the system logs me away. I attempted deleting the hiberfil.sys file getting it throughout the Fedora system. This deleted the file as well as recreated it while I rebooted the system with Windows. The hibernate choice is turned on my system. What can I perform regarding this?

Re: Dual boot Hibernate on Windows 7

Hibernation needs the similar quantity of disk space as the size of your RAM. Consequently, in turn for hibernation to be doing well, you have to confirm you have sufficient free disk space on Windows 7 division. As well, make a power plan on your PC. A power plan is a set of hardware as well as system settings that manage how your PC utilizes power. You be able to utilize power plans to decrease the quantity of power your PC utilizes.

When you configure power choice for the present power plan in Windows 7, this alter are not reflected on the System Settings in the Power choice thing in Control Panel. This performance happens for the reason that the settings that come into view on the System Settings are derived from the registry settings. Changes that you create to the active power plan do not have an effect on the global settings on the System Settings, except you are at present utilizing the preferred power plan. You have to alter that you create on the System Settings page apply to the entire power plans. These power plans contain the active plan as well as any tradition plans that you have formed.

It appears this problem is the reason by if the partition is "Active" which include Boot Manager. For instance, the partition Csd1) has Windows 7 installed, by means of Boot Manager installed in the similar partition, as well as sda2 has Fedora 12 installed, by grub installed in the boot division of sd2.If the active partition is place to sd2, the sleep task of Windows 7 will not effort, however log out in its place. If you active partition Csd1), after that the sleep will workings well.