Thread: Is it possible to dual boot Windows 7 and MeeGo?

Is it possible to dual boot Windows 7 and MeeGo?

Hello friends I have had Asus Eee 1005ha for quite some time now and I have really liked all its features that are really very exciting. This is my first post so please guys provide with a exact and relevant reply. I would like to know that Is it possible to dualboolboot Windows 7 and MeeGo on my Asus Eee 1005ha laptop that I have. I have found that the Meego has been really advancing in its terms for providing more access to more application and clearly all the latest innovation have been depended on the Meego now a days. So I would like to know that will I be able to have both the operating system that is Windows 7 as well as meego on my laptop as I want to enjoy the benefits of both of them.

re: Is it possible to dual boot Windows 7 and MeeGo?

Yes sure why not, you will be able to get the multi operating system, installed on separate partition not just on your Asus Eee 1005ha but also the other Laptops that has support for the Meego. So all you need to do is to make use of a bootloader program that helps you to get the installation of both the operating system on your laptop. You can create partition and then install the Windows 7 on the laptop and then for installing the Meego operating system you will have to create a separate partition and then will have to go forward with the installation of that as well same as you did for the Windows 7.

I have been using Asus Eee 1005ha that I have got the Windows 7 pro and MeeGo on it at the same time on separate partition and I have got no problem in booting which ever I want. I also the benefit of using the Meego operating system by accessing the application that are only run on this software, so yes you can also make this thing possible and can have a multiboot on your system. Before installing please make sure that you have enough space on the laptop and then you will surely be able to get both the operating system running on the system smoothly.

Guys I have encountering some problem with this multiboot partition of operating system as I am not able to upload the Meego operating system on my Aspire One A150. I have Windows 7 running on my C drive of the hard disk and would want to have Meego installed on the D drive , but while installing the software I am getting the error saying that the software will not be able to install because of less space. I have checked my D drive and have found that there is too much memory vacant for the Meego operating system to get instead successfully but then also I am not able to get it done successfully, so can any one be able to help me out with this problem.

Hey I think that you might be having some hidden files on your drive that will be eating up your memory and that is why you are not able to get the installation of the software done successfully. Also, it can be that the partition that you have chosen to install the software might not be enough to hold the software. So you can again format the system with the Windows 7 and while formatting create some partition on the D Drive with more memory than it was previous and, then finally carry out the installation of the Meego software. I hope you will be able to get the installation done successfully.