Thread: Unable to boot MeeGo from a USB Stick

Unable to boot MeeGo from a USB Stick

Hey guys I have been trying to boot Meego from the USB stick, but still I having some problem as I am unable to boot Meego successfully on my system. I am having Windows 7 installed on my computer system and I would like to install Meego on a separate partition with the help of a USB stick. But the problem is that I am not able to do as first of all I got my USB corrupted since this is my third pendrive also most of the times the computer is not able to detect the pendrive and if it detects the I get some error saying that ERROR: “Cannot find root file system”. So any one who has gone through the same problem can help me in solving this as I would like to install the Meego on my system quickly.

Re: Unable to boot MeeGo from a USB Stick

Have you used the UNetbootin software application that helps you to install the Meego operating system easily on your system . UNetbootin allows you to produce bootable Live USB drives for Ubuntu, Fedora, and other Linux distributions along with the Meego without the help of burning a CD and then carrying out the installation directly with the help of usb stick. I have also used the same software to get the installation done successfully on my notebook and hope that you will also be able to get it done normally.

Have you correctly got the image of the Meego software on your pendrive, because if any loss in the files will not allow for installation to be done correctly. I think that you should give a try by installing a new image of your Meego software on your usb stick and then go forward with the installation of the software just as you have done before. I hope that this will surely help you in getting the installation of the Meego operating system done smoothly.

Thanks for the instant advice friends but I would like to inform you that I have been using the same software that is UNetbootin to carry out the installation of the software but then also I am not able to get it done correctly. I have been constantly getting the error message “Cannot find root file system” every time I try to install the software. I have even changed the image file of the Meego on the usb stick hoping that it will solve my worries but then also there was no response. So guys can any one help me out to make this software installed on my system.

Hey I have searched for your problem and have found that Unetbootin cannot use IMG files that you have created for Meego operating system and that is why you were constantly getting the error while trying to install the software. I think that you should go for Win32Diskimager that will surely recogonize the img file on Windows system. And while using this you will have to use the ESC-Bootmenu that is just hit the ESC Key while you see the grey EeePC start screen, and choose your usb-stick as boot device, once you do this you will surely be able to get the installation of the Meego done automatically.