Thread: Unable to open file c:\recovery.dat in windows 7

Unable to open file c:\recovery.dat in windows 7

I have upgraded from windows vista to windows 7 in my asus laptop as well as while I would like to begin my PC, it constantly appears to a white screen with a large red error. I am not able to find away from it, it now gets constantly to that screen. I attempt previously to begin with a windows vista DVD in it however no method to choose it. It constantly goes to the large red error. Anybody who recognize how to solve this?

Re: Unable to open file c:\recovery.dat in windows 7

You have to attempt starting your PC in safe mode; you have to start your Pc again if it is powered on. You have to hit the F8 key after your PC at first powers on. Once you observe the Advanced Boot Options menu you be able to end tapping. You have to utilize the up/down arrow s to highlight your collection. Then you have to choose Safe Mode with Networking in addition to click Enter. You be supposed to observe drivers loading, as well as after that wait. You be supposed to after that come at the Welcome Screen. You have to Logon to your PC utilizing an account by means of Administrator rights.

Once you boot the PC to ‘Safe Mode’, if it workings there you be able to attempt to set your PC to clean boot to make sure if some of the services running in the background are reason the problem. To set the PC in clean boot you have to press Start, after that you have to type msconfig in the Search box, as well as after that you have to click ENTER. On the common tab, you have to press Selective Startup. After that in Selective Startup, you have to press to clear the Load Startup substance check box. You have to press the Services tab, after that press to choose the Hide the entire Services box, as well as then press Disable All. Then press OK. When you are prompted, you have to press Restart.

Steps to come back your PC to a standard startup mode, you have to Reset the PC to begin as usual. After you have done troubleshooting, you have to go after these steps to rearrange the PC to begin as usual. Press Start, after that type msconfig.exe in the Search box, as well as then click ENTER. On the common tab, you have to press the Normal Startup choice, as well as after that press OK. When you are prompted to restart the PC, you have to restart.