Thread: Folders open in new window despite selecting the option of open in same window

Folders open in new window despite selecting the option of open in same window

I have noticed a strange problem with the opening of the folders in my windows 7 operating system. well I have noticed that whenever I try to open any file in a explorer it gets opened in the different windows. Why is this happening? I have checked the option of open in same window then also it gets opened in the different windows. However when I right click and select the option to open in the same windows then only it appears In the same window. If I try opening the file or folder by double clicking it then it does not gets opened in the different window. Do you have any idea why is this happening? Then do let me know as soon as possible.

Re: Folders open in new window despite selecting the option of open in same window

I think so the following problem is due to the presence of bugs and viruses in your system. I would suggest you to have a thorough check of your system by a good antivirus. This can be often seen when there is a huge domination of the viruses and the malwares in the system. So first clean out all the viruses and malwares and then try opening the files and the folders in the system. I think this is the first step that you have to carry out with. So do follow this suggestion and let me know if it has worked or not.

Re: Folders open in new window despite selecting the option of open in same window

According to me you must try working with the user accounts. There may be a possibility that your user account must have got corrupted and so you will have to change the user account accordingly. In order to change the user account settings you must have a administrator authority to do the necessary changes. I would also advice you to do a clean boot of the system to check if there is no programs that are interfering with the working of your system. so do that same for your system as well. Do try with both the methods and let me know if it works or not.

If you have tried with both the solutions and if it has not worked out for you. Then the next possible solution would be to add some script files in the system. well I cant elaborate the script file. I would advise you to have a check for that particular script file in the internet. You will get it in any of the Microsoft websites. There are separate scripts for the 32 bit operating system as well as the 64 bit operating system. After running the script do have a reboot of the system and then see the changes. Well this problem is due to the presence of some kind of bugs which are yet to be noticed by the Microsoft people and so it is prevalent today. So do run the script you will get the desired result.

OK, thanks for the appropriate solutions that you have given. well let me tell you that i was looking for some solutions in the internet and i came across a particular website which claimed to run the particular script in the command prompt. So i just copy pasted the particular script and ran it in my system and surprisingly it is working here. I need to thank you all for the important suggestions that you have given to help me solve my issue.