Thread: Unable to create or move files in Windows 7 64 Bit

Unable to create or move files in Windows 7 64 Bit

I am running Windows 7 64-bit in my computer. I have two interior hard drives in my computer: one containing the operating system, programs, etc. (C) as well as the additional containing documents, music, video, installation packages, as well as other media (E).The problem I am running into is that none of my programs be able to perform whatever thing more than read as well as get the contents on drive E. Utilizing Windows Explorer, I am necessary to give administrator permission in order to shift the files. I am able to, however, delete as well as make without problem in Windows Explorer. So please tell me some solution.

Re: Unable to create or move files in Windows 7 64 Bit

I would advise you to make sure the file permissions. To get ownership of a file you must have ownership of a secluded file in order to get it. If one more user has limited access as well as you are the PC administrator, you be able to access the file by taking ownership. The same thing is applicable to folder also may this information will help you.please tell me if you got any solution.

To take ownership of a file you have to Right-press the file that you would like to get ownership of, as well as after that press Properties. And then press the Security tab, plus after that press OK on the Security message .press Advanced, along with that you have to press the Owner tab. In the Name list, you have to press Administrator, or press the Administrators group, as well as after that press OK. The administrator or the administrators set at the moment owns the file.

To change the permissions on the file that you now own you have to press Add. After that in the go in the object names to choose list, then you have to type the user or group account that you would like to have rights to the file. For instance, type Administrator. And then press OK. In the Group or user names catalog, you can press the account that you require, in addition to then choose the checkboxes of the permissions that you would like to allocate that user. When you are over assigning permissions, press OK. You be able to at the moment access the file.

To take ownership of a folder you have to right-press the folder that you would like to get ownership of, as well as after that press Properties. Press the Security tab, in addition to then press OK on the Security message .now press Advanced, and next press the Owner tab. In the Name list, press your user id, or press Administrator if you are entering as Administrator, or press the Administrators set. If you would like to get ownership of the contents of the folder, you have to choose the put back owner on sub containers as well as objects check box. Press OK, as well as after that press Yes while you get the message. Then press OK, as well as after that apply again the permissions moreover security settings that you would like for the folder plus its contents.