Thread: With windows 7 Ctrl+Alt+PrtScn does not seem to work

With windows 7 Ctrl+Alt+PrtScn does not seem to work

Ctrl+Alt+PrtScn do not appear to be working with my windows 7 Home premium. It works very well on windows XP making use of the same keyboard. I did not understood what is the cause for this. Is there a dissimilar sequence designed for screen printing the active window? How do I print the active screen? If you have any thought regarding to this issue, please let me know. Your suggestion would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: With windows 7 Ctrl+Alt+PrtScn does not seem to work

First of all the control is not required for this combination. Alt + Print is responsible for capturing the active window. (I recognize that this is not a laptop, and you do not have a spare key, function). Do you see anything; Try making use of the keyboard on the screen: Press WinKey + R type OSK and press Enter Select Window. After this, choose the screen and keyboard after that click window and from there: Alt after that click Print Screen-> Open a graphics editor and make out what sticks. Alt + Print work with the onscreen keyboard? Windows 7 also contains an additional form of a print screen capture: Click Start-> Programs-> Accessories-> Trim-> Click the arrow beside the New button.

I also had a similar problem where I was not capable to make use of two key sequences on my keyboard. The first was resolved via looking at my Keyboard Layout choice furthermore finding that the key was being used to perform somewhat similar to alter the keyboard layout. The other was resolved at what time I found that two of the three keys inside the key sequence was a shortcut in them. Hope this will help you to resolve your issue.

By plan, as it has for all time been by means of each edition of Windows that pressing the <PrtScn> key copies the whole display, counting the Desktop Wallpaper, to the clipboard. As well as Pressing ALT+PrtScn will copy just the active Window to the clipboard. On the way to display the screen capture, you will need to open a graphics program, for example Microsoft Paint, as well as press <CTRL>+V. This will paste the clipboard contents (your screenshot) into the open file, as well as permit you to view it or else save it as a file for afterward use. If you have a higher edition of Windows 7, you can also make use of the Snipping Tool. (Start -> All Programs -> Accessories).

Thank you for your suggestion, as per your suggestion I tried the on screen keyboard (had to manually see for it within accessories for the reason that search could not locate it). I encompass a Microsoft multimedia keyboard furthermore all grouping of print screen did not function. ALT, CNTR and SHIFT all are functioning separately however PRTSCR did not. I have windows 7 64 bit home premium.