Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows 7 home premium: System Restore not working

Operating Systems

Old 23-01-2011

Windows 7 home premium: System Restore not working

Hello everyone, Have a question for those who know a little bit with windows 7. Problem: if I want to create a restore point, let's say that this is back 2 days, does not restore? I am getting the following error message which states that "The System Restore was not running successfully. The system files and settings of the computer were not changed. Maybe anti-virus program is running on this computer. ?Disable the antivirus program temporarily and start the System Restore again.? I have carried out several times, without success? The anti-virus program was always disabled. Can anyone possibly offer a solution? Would be happy.

Old 23-01-2011

Re: Windows 7 home premium: System Restore not working

Hello everyone, I also have the same problem. I'm so mad now that I think of Windows 7 to throw down again. Nothing works properly. Mail program does not exist and none is an instruction for beginners on how to install one. Error messages cannot be edited. For instance, appears to me: Activate Windows Security Center "important". Internet freezes now and again so that the computer must be start over again so you can be able to connect the Internet. I think these are just too many quirks when you need the computer daily. For me, Windows 7 is crap.
Old 23-01-2011

So, after many attempts, I just actually managed to make a system recovery. It was - as suspected. To Norton (NIS 2010 for me) to turn off completely and entirely temporary, it is not enough, all rely on the Norton interface controller located on AUS although this each time with a note "Warning, your system is compromised is acknowledged? in the background, after that seems to stay still somewhat active, what Windows 7 is bothered! No, they actually penetrate into the depths of the system, and that "settings" on all tabs, you can find there (computers, network, Web + usual settings) all found on such controls to OFF under. Quite complicated, but then it works.
Old 23-01-2011

It's probably easier to simply set the slider under "Other Settings" with the name Norton Product Tamper Protection to off. Set after the system restores back. This protection prevents the system restore files relating to the Norton (e.g., virus definitions were backed by a recovery point) can change. Therefore goes wrong, System Restore. Had the same problem, which for me was the solution, so it is my opinion not necessary to put everything out on. After System Restore should be made directly to a live update from Norton to get the files back on the current status.
Old 24-01-2011

I have the same problem: "System Restore was not successful. The system files and settings of the computer were not changed. Maybe this computer is running an antivirus program. Disable the antivirus program temporarily and start the System Restore once more. It is a Windows 7 Home Premium (upgrade from Vista Home Premium SP 3 on a laptop). As anti-virus software from Avast Antivirus is installed. Set the scanner Antivirus inactive does not help, you could kill most of the Task Manager and avgnt.exe avguard.exe. I have not tried, but I cannot believe that it is due. In Vista it works eventually. The last attempt was a complete uninstalls Antivirus, if it does not go then it would be the proof that it is not. Before I do that, but please do you think or experience, I have rather the impression that there is an error in WINDOWS 7.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,