Thread: Windows 7: Free space automatically reduced in Hard disk

Windows 7: Free space automatically reduced in Hard disk

I have a problem with my smaller partition. The partition which is recently running on to the windows 7 the problem is in that, actually my hard disk was about 203 GB. Then it is automatically reduced into 85 GB. I do not know why like this is happening in my system. Actually recently my system is 10 GB full. And when in this I try to shrink it then it prompts me that “Now I would like to shrink again but only the PC shows me that I can shrink no more”. Regarding this I have post many threads on to the different forum site but till now unable to get any suggestion from that side. I hope here soon I will get solution from you guys. I just want to thank you in advance.

re: Windows 7: Free space automatically reduced in Hard disk

This will not help if the files are on the partition. Unmovable files actually this means that these files are needed. Access to it is through ongoing programs and perhaps by Windows itself, locked so that only access the program itself and another program on these files can’t do anything with this. These files are at the moment you cannot move, edit or delete. This situation can create you to check out burning a Linux Live CD, and thus on a live system from the partition. Because a live system by itself does not open files on the hard drive, these files should be moved and had to do the partitioning. You can use an Ubuntu live CD, for example. Ubuntu you can download and burn to a CD. GParted is also equal to the CD which is with it. If you boot from the live CD, please go as follows: System → Administration → GParted. From there, everything would have been explained to you.

I am also going through the same situation and in this I've tried to defragment it but in my case also it has not worked. After this I have connect USB to my system but at that time I have noticed that it is also not able to recognize by the system. I do not know why like this happening in my system. Regarding this I am really very upset so if you guys have any suggestion then please help us over here.

Here I want to know that when you try to recover disk space that temporary files are used or not used, it may not be released as disk space as expected. Every time you start your computer, there may be less disk space available for use. If like this is happening in your case, so this behavior can occur when System Restore is enabled on the computer. System Restore uses the hard drive to store "restore points." These points are used by System Restore to return your computer to an earlier restoration. System Restore creates a new restore point every time you start your computer.

To resolve this problem, reduce the file storage limit System Restore. For example, it can be reduced to a minimum of 200 megabytes (MB). To do this, follow these steps:
    • Click Start, point to Settings and then click Control Panel.
    • In Control Panel, double-click System.
    • Box System Properties dialog, click File System on the Performance tab.
    • In the hard tab, drag the slider using disk space to restore the system to the amount you want (or drag it to the minimum of 200 MB).
    • Click Apply, click OK, click Close and click Yes to restart your computer.