Thread: Windows 7 not able to show PNG thumbnail

Windows 7 not able to show PNG thumbnail

My wife has Windows 7 installed on her laptop and she is a digital scrapbooker. Now the problem she is facing is that her machine does not show any thumbnails of PNG files after opening the Windows Explorer. Actually it is partial problem as some PNG images are displayed by thumbnails but some are not. Does anyone has any idea what could be the problem here?

Re: Windows 7 not able to show PNG thumbnail

For some time working for a particular file type in Windows Explorer, the small preview images (thumbnails) no more, even though "Enable thumbnail view" in the folder properties (right click on folder "Properties") is set and the appropriate item under "View" also activated. Often this is done by installing a graphics program, the settings of the appropriate file extensions (BMP, JPG, GIF, etc.) changed in the registry. Try a repair of Internet Explorer (IE5 only version available). They go on "Start, Settings in the Control Panel, then to the" software ". Here you select the "Internet Explorer" and click on "Add / Remove. In the next screen, choose "Internet Explorer Repair Tool.

Such issues can cause due to some problem with the icon cache on the computer. For solving this issue you have to rebuild the icon cache on your windows 7 machine. Here I have provided the proper procedure to rebuild an Icon Cache Database. First of all close all the windows and then launch the Task Manager. Go to the Process Tab and then right click on an Explorer. Exe process and End it. Now click on the New Task and then type CMD.EXE, and click OK. Now type the following commands in the Command Prompt.

• CD /d %userprofile%\AppData\Local
    • DEL IconCache.db /a
    • EXIT

Go back to the Task Manager and then create a new task named as EXPLORER.EXE and then click OK.

I guess you need to repair your windows operating system which might have got damaged in someway due to which it is not able to show the PNG files icons. I think you should check for some tool that can repair your windows operating system. Once you have repaired it I guess this problem must have got vanished out.