Thread: In windows 7 windows Explorer "sort by date" behaves differently than windows XP

In windows 7 windows Explorer "sort by date" behaves differently than windows XP

I encompass an application which I wrote a lot of years ago (initially Visual Basic 6 and after that ported to C# 1.1) . I make use of this for offline analysis or else on the go by means of the files loaded on a personal digital assistant (PDA). On Window XP (or Windows 2003 or else Palm Resco Explorer on my personal digital assistant (PDA)) a file sort by date descending for all time places the last chapter downloaded at the top. Taking the similar folder plus placing it on Windows 7 (or over an N/W drive map back to the windows XP machine) the order shows to some degree random. I have as well downloaded chapters from within Windows 7 and the similar behavior that files do not sort by the full date/time plus appear to be estimated for files inside the similar minute. Is this a known or unknown sorting problem?

Re: In windows 7 windows Explorer "sort by date" behaves differently than windows XP

The sorting characteristic in Windows 7 is not dissimilar from Windows XP. In reality it is a lot advanced. Windows 7 moreover has a characteristic to sort by date. As indicated by your explanation, it seems to me that the files as well as folders are sorted by kind on your system.
    You be able to choose the choice ‘Sort by Date Modified’. This choice will come into view in the Windows Explorer. If the choice does not roll up in the Windows Explorer make sure if it is enabled. To do this you can follow the below steps.
    1. on an empty space in the Windows Explorer Right click.
    2. Now choose ‘Sort by’ plus click on More.
    3. In the select details window, make the box next to ‘Date modified’ as well as click on ‘OK’.
    4. This choice is supposed to come into view in the header. On the other hand, you right click and sort by ‘Date Modified’.

Re: In windows 7 windows Explorer "sort by date" behaves differently than windows XP

Thank you for your valuable suggestion. I got it, at this moment I had the "date" column visible. I estimate that was in reality "Date Created". Not certain what the difference is between the "Date" column as well as "Date Created" column. In any case, I added "Date Modified" as well as the sort order/display is what I am used to. Thanks for your advice. Hope that this will be helpful to someone else also.

I am as well dissatisfied by the new performance. I have observed that I am able to "Arrange by" date modified, however after that my folders vanish furthermore each and every one files are shown recursively. This does not distinguish that I place all those files inside folders for a reason. I just desire to sort the stuffing of the current folder by date. Please help. Any workaround?

I have found a fix that works, reasonably. On an empty space in the Windows Explorer Right click and choose "Group by" Data Modified. This intermingle files as well as folders by date modified, but after that you have to choose "group by" (none) on the way to get back to the unique view. Microsoft, Windows 7 is vast; however you have to permit users the choice to have the similar file browsing look and experience on the way to which they are familiarized.