Thread: In windows 7 disk Properties defaults to Sharing Tab instead of General Tab

In windows 7 disk Properties defaults to Sharing Tab instead of General Tab

Hi, has anybody seen this problem? Steps to reproduce problem: Start Windows Explorer and right click on the Local C: Drive and Click Properties. Have you noticed that the Properties dialog box will default to the Sharing tab as a substitute of the General tab? The categorize of the tabs from left to right is Sharing -> Security. Earlier Versions- > General. The row on top of it is Tools -> Hardware -> Quota.It would appear someway the tabs got overturned.This just happen at what time viewing the properties of the disk drive itself. Does not take place on folders/files. Please assist me to figure out this. Thanks in advance for your valuable suggestion. Your suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: In windows 7 disk Properties defaults to Sharing Tab instead of General Tab

I was also facing observe the same thing as you have mentioned in the above post and I have found the solution to your trouble. I have found that in the registry I am missing certain files. Inside the registry I was missing the following value:[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers]@="{5F5295E0-429F-1069-A2E2-08002B30309D}"
    This value is responsible for the properties to always default to the sharing tab. I had no value set inside there that caused the properties on the way to for all time default to the sharing tab as an alternative of the general tab. So the solution to this issue you will need to enter the following value and After entering the value all was resolved: {5F5295E0-429F-1069-A2E2-08002B30309D}I hope this assist you to get rid of this trouble.

1. Were the tabs functioning very well earlier than?
    2. Have you done any latest changes to the PC?
    I will recommend you to execute an SFC scan and after that verify if you are able on the way to resolve the problem- You can follow the below method to Perform a SFC Scan:
    1. Go to Start menu and click on All Programs and after that selct Accessories and after that right-click Command Prompt, as well as afterward click Run as administrator. You will be prompted for an administrator password, provide the password, or else click Continue.
    2. This will open a command prompt. In the command prompt type the following command :sfc /scannow and after that press ENTER. You will get an message prompt saying that the system scan will begin, this may take several minutes to complete the scan.
    3. The scan will run and any damage or files require a replace SFC will replace them. You may possibly be asked to put in your Windows 7 DVD for this procedure to carry on
    4. If the whole thing is all right you be supposed to, after the scan, observe the message "Windows resource protection did not come across any reliability violations"
    5. When the scan is completed, close the command prompt window, reboot the system and check if the problem is resolved.

The disappearance of the tabs may be due to corruption or lack of WindowsShell. Manifest file located in the Windows directory. This file can be copied from the windows DVD or else you can download this file from website.
    • Once the zip file is downloaded unzip it must be with specific software.
    • The downloaded file (if you decide to download the zip) is hidden by default.: To make it visible, do the following:
    Double click "My Computer" -> "Tools" (top) -> "Folder Options" --> "View" tab -> check "Show hidden files and folders."
    • Please copy / paste the file in the WINDOWS WindowsShell. Manifest installed by default on the C: drive. The tabs in "Display Properties" should now display properly.

If the problem persists I will recommend you to make use of the check disk commands and after that check -
    1. Go to start menu and in the start search box type “cmd and press enter. Right click an d choose to run as administrator. You will be asked to enter password or confirmation, provide the password or else press continue.
    2. This will open a command prompt. In the command prompt type: CHKDSK /P and press ENTER.
    3. Type at the command prompt.
    4. after that type CHKDSK /R and press ENTER to fix damage sectors.
    Microsoft does not suggest interrupting the CHKDSK process. Microsoft does not assurance the truthfulness of the disk if the CHKDSK program is broken up. For security you be able to back up your data previous to making use fo the check disk command.Hope this assist Let us be familiar with the results.