Thread: How to delete a file that cannot be removed

How to delete a file that cannot be removed

I am having an issue in windows 7 operating system. When I am trying to delete an file I am getting an error message that “ Cannot delete file name is being used by another person or program”. I make sure that no other program is using the file which I want to delete but I am still getting this message. Can anyone tell me anyway hoe to delete this file? I have also scan my system with AVG anti- virus and it does not report any virus or malware on system. So can anyone tell me what may be the reason that I am not able to delete this file and How to delete this file? Thank you in advice for any suggestion regarding to this issue, your suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: How to delete a file that cannot be removed

I will recommend you to try the following method to get rid of this issue. Try this method and let me know the result whether your issue is resolved or not so that we can provide some other solution.
    Kill process explorer.exe
    • Go to start menu and type in the start search box : CMD. This will open a command prompt
    • Navigate to the location where the file is located
    • Now Press CTRL-ALT-DEL, click Task Manager and select the Processes tab.
    • Ending the explorer.exe process by selecting it and press the "End Process"
    • Return to the command prompt and delete the file
    • CTRL-ALT-DEL Starts of new Task Manager by pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL
    • Go to File-> New Task
    • Type explorer.exe and click OK

If you want to delete this folder make use of Unlocker. Unlocker is the simplest solution. Unlocker is very helpful free software which allows you delete folders as well as files used by Windows, download and install this software, after installation you be able to tell that there is a new option at what time clicking the right mouse button on any file or folder, The new option is called "unlocker".
    • To unlock a file just click the right button selects unlocker
    • Unlocker software will start there click beam in "unlock all" and close the software.
    The file is now removed and you can delete normally.

I have a file to compress and make a self-extracting file with Win Rar but at what time I finish I said an error had occurred for the reason that the Win Rar cannot compress files larger than 4GB and I believe I'm incomplete compressed and when I said that I desire to delete is being used by another application and I cannot rename or cut, or delete it, and attempt the Unlocker works but not the operating system is Windows Vista Starter, and really appreciate that I can help. I hope you can help and knows what else to do.

Error message when deleting a file or folder “Cannot delete file: It is being used by another person or program.” So to resolve this issue close each and every one program that may be making use of this file and attempt once more. Solution: Install the program Unlocker to delete it or move it. There is no other answer. Cause (I know very few people): It is frequently caused at what time you hit delete, move or rename the file from Windows Explorer status bar is trying to show the characteristics of the file, usually avi, mpeg, jpg, mp3. So if you want to install the Unlocker, when you want to delete a file, mark it and wait for the show in Windows Explorer status bar file characteristics, then give it to delete. To shorten the waiting, give Windows Explorer to View menu, status bar and turn off and no longer tries to put the file's characteristics. I do not recommend closing explorer.exe tasks such as this may cause serious system errors such as hard disks.

Hello guys if you are in window to and an easy way on the way to delete files is to alter the attribute and to do so go to start-> run and type cmd. This will open command prompt. Now navigate to the file you want to delete with the command "cd" after that we find the file directory do the following: “Attrib-h-o-r-a filename" (take away hidden attribute, reading, storage). The filename" delete the file as it possesses attributes not erased immediately and that's all good boys do not put the quotes greetings.