Thread: Unable to display drives after installing windows 7

Unable to display drives after installing windows 7

I’ve installed a windows 7 in my desktop computer, before windows 7, I’m using vista. I’ve custom installed the windows 7. after the installation when I go to my computer folder I only see the c drive in my computer. I can’t see my other internal drive. I can see my external hard drive but not my second internal hard drive. My c drive memory shows only 80 gb free space whereas I have 160 gb hard disk. I’ve installed the windows 7 operating system by using custom option. I’ve successfully installed the windows 7, then why this problem is occurring. Whenever I formatted my pc and reinstall the o.s, I never face this type of problem. I don’t know what to do now, please provide me some suggestion. Please help me.

Re: Unable to display drives after installing windows 7

I think you have not installed your operating system properly. Format your system and then reinstall windows 7 in your system. when you reinstall your system then do the complete installation and read each and every warning which appears during installation. After successful installation then go to my computer and see your drives are visible or not. If you still can’t see your drive in my computer then. Press windows logo key+r, type: diskmgmt.msc and right click the other system drive. If this works for
    you then its good if not, then click start-->my computer--> right click--> manage. after selecting manage you can see a slave drive and you have to initialize your slave drives. If this not works for you then try to search on internet on this.

You need to format your hard disk again and then reinstall your windows 7 again in a system. select a complete installation when it gives you a option for selecting installation type. i’m not sure but, I think you are facing this problem because of custom installation. Try to do custom installation and after the installation check your drives. If you still not see your drive then, Press windows logo key+r, type: diskmgmt.msc and right click the other system drive. This will work for you. You can also manage your hard drive by clicking start, my computer, right click, select manage. You can manage your disk by this steps. For your disk space you can use defragmentation. It will free your unused memory from hard drive.

After the windows 7 installation if you don’t see your hard drive then go to my computer right click the drive, go to properties, then security tab. At the bottom there is advanced button button, click it then go to the owner tab. You’ll see a ‘edit button’ click that edit button. Again at the bottom you’ll see “other user groups” click that. If this does’nt work for you then you can also try this: Press windows logo key+r, type: diskmgmt.msc and right click the other system drive. For your disk space you have to defragment your hard disk. defragmenting will remove the gap from your memory hard drive. Defragmentation is a process in which all the gaps between the memory location is removed and you can see your actual memory space in a drive.