Thread: How can I search a subfolder and folder in Windows 7

How can I search a subfolder and folder in Windows 7

I’ve acer laptop and I’m using windows 7 operating system . before windows 7 I’ve used windows vista and windows xp. When I search in windows 7 for any folder it search only one folder at a time and it don’t shows its subfolder. When I’m using windows vista it automatically search the whole. I want a search result like vista, can I get the search result like vista in windows 7. If yes, then tell me how can I get that. Please tell me the method for searching folder and its subfolder in windows 7.

Re: How can I search a subfolder and folder in Windows 7

please specify which type of result you want, are you want to say you should get the all folder related to your search while searching ?. if this is your question then the answer is yes, you can get it. If you want to search all the files, folder and subfolder in the folder then you can do this by entering asterisk (*) in the search box. Entering asterisk (*) in the search box will give you all your files, folder and its subfolder in the search result. In windows you don’t have to enter a * in the search result it automatically shows all the files and its subfolder in its search result.

If you want to search any files and folder in windows 7 then you can use the search box on start menu. In start menu you will find a search box where you can type and find any folder, files and e-mail message which is stored on your computer. To find a search result click on start button of your computer and type word or a phrase in the search box you’ll get that file in your search result. If you want all the files, folder and its subfolder then you have to enter a asterisk on search box and you’ll get all the files, folder and its subfolder in that folder.

I think you are looking to a particular file which is in a subfolder of some folder or library. There may be hundreds of files and subfolder, to save time and your efforts use the search box at the top of the open window. Search your content in that search box by writing word or phrase in that search box. The search box filter the current view based on the text you have type in that search box. Search box find that content file properties, file tags and library. You can write asterisk (*) for full search it will give you all its subfolders and files.

You can easily find all the files and its subfolder by just writing the asterisk (*) in the search box. After writing asterisk you’ll get all the files, folder and its subfolder in that folder. The search box will filter current view based you have type in the search box. You can find the search box on a start menu of your computer. When you click on start menu button you’ll find the search box. In such box you have to mention a word or a phrase to find. After writing a text you can get the search result .

derekfish Guest

You can check that in the search files. you should also be able to see the sub folders. but then are you trying to search files. or only the sub folder.