Thread: I can’t access Documents & Settings/User Folder in windows 7

I can’t access Documents & Settings/User Folder in windows 7

I’ve dell laptop and I’m using windows 7 operating system in my computer. Before windows 7, I’ve used windows xp. The problem in my computer is that I can’t access my user folder in document and setting. Before this when I’m using windows xp then I can easily access to the user folder, but in windows 7 I’m unable to access the user folder. I don’t know why I’m not able to access my user folder. Even when I logged as a administrator I can’t access to ”my document and setting”. I’ve tried to change the setting but still I can’t access to user folder. I’m the only user account on my computer, no other user account are there on my computer, so why I can’t able to access my folder please tell me. Please give some suggestion to this, please help me.

Re: I can’t access Documents & Settings/User Folder in windows 7

I think you have to check the file protection system in your computer. If you have done “hide protected operating system files” in your computer then unchecked that, then you will see the my document and setting in your computer. My document and setting is not a folder, it is a junction point and it is used for program interface. If you can’t access to my document after unchecking then try to check the file protection setting of your system. you might have given some privilege to your file system accessibility and you forgot to change that. So, Please check that setting, if you have given that privilege remove that privilege and then try to access the my document and setting. If you still don’t get access then try take help of your friend which is using windows 7.

You have not mention the error which you are getting while trying to access the user folder. Well, let me know you that my document and setting is actually junction point, not a folder. It is use for program interface. Whatever the data you are trying to access in that folder is actually store in a C:\USERS\<your user name>\Appdata. Your actual data is stored in this path. It is hidden folder and you can’t see this folder when you go to this path. You have to search this folder on that path for hidden. After searching you’ll get this folder in search result. if you don’t get this folder from searching then check your security setting. If you have given hidden to this folder in security then unchecked that box and then try to access that folder.

Are you sure you have only admin account in your computer?. If you have more than one account then may be some other user have changed the setting of your system. check that what are rights you have given to a user on a system. if you don’t have any other user account on a system then check your security setting. You may have given some security to your folder and file to protect it. Check that you have given a hide protected to operating system file. If you have enabled that option then please unchecked that check box and then try to access to your folder. If you still can’t access your folder and you want to access your data in that folder then you can access it by going to C:\USERS\<your user name>\Appdata path. It is a hidden folder and you can get it by searching on this path.

Windows 7 is same as windows xp operating system, there are not many changes in 7 compare to xp. The document and setting contains your data application of your desktop but, it actually store your data in c: drive. Your all data which you have stored on desktop or my document and setting is actually store on c: drive. You can get your data by going in c drive. If you can’t access the folder from my document then you can access it by going to this path: C:\USERS\<your user name>\Appdata. This path is hidden path and you have to search the folder by going in this path. After search result your hidden folder will appear on screen and you can access to that folder. For any other difficulty you can search on internet.

You should first check the security setting of your system. you may have given some security to your folder and file. If you have hidden your file and folder in security setting then you can’t see that folder and file in your system. if you’re sure you have not given any security to your folder and you are still not getting access to your folder then, you can get your folder by setting up a roaming profiles. You have to go into computer management for setting up a roaming profile. you can do this by right clicking computer and select manage and go to local user and groups..> users. You can set the setting of a user folder in this setting and then you can get the access to your user folder. For any difficulty you can search on internet on this.