Thread: How to delete desktop.ini file from computer?

How to delete desktop.ini file from computer?

I am using Windows 7 on my computer. Well Windows 7 is great software. I am having a query and I have decided to discuss with you all. Whenever I put CD in the CD ROM on the computer of mine I have found desktop.ini file on the CD. I want to know meaning of this desktop.ini file also I want to know that how can I delete this desktop.ini file? Please tell me appropriate suggestion to meet my requirement. Thanks a lot.

Re: How to delete desktop.ini file from computer?

Well I am not a developer kind of guy but I can let you know that desktop.ini file is hidden file into the system. Well if you have done some customized settings on your desktop is saved in to desktop.ini file. You can use the following settings to hide the folder on your computer. Well now question is how to begin? You have to open Windows Explorer and click on Tools. Now go to Folder Option and select View Tab. Now you have to search for Do not show hidden files and folders. This setting will make desktop.ini file to out of sight. I am hoping that above mentioned settings will help you to solve the matter.

Well it was great solution that you have provided in the previous post. I can hide the desktop.ini file on my computer in fact I want to delete this desktop.ini file from the computer. I have tried to delete this file from winsxs folder but I was unable to delete the same. I also wanted to know why this desktop.ini file is propagating everywhere in my computer? Please help me in this situation. Waiting for your reply.

Well I think I know the root cause of the problem in this particular situation. I want to know whether you have not changed the visual settings of the desktop and you have installed application of Codec Pack like K-Lite. This application is supposed to create a new extension of the Video file which is not usually supported by the default functions of the operating system. It is provided by third party application hence operating system is unable to ignore the file.