Thread: All application tries to open with WordPad

All application tries to open with WordPad

I did not understand why all my applications try to open with WordPad. I have by chance set the opened one of my files through the incorrect application furthermore for some reason my laptop has set each and every one of my applications to the similar application. If you any suggestion regarding to this issue. Please let me know, your suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: All application tries to open with WordPad

File associations in Windows decide which application loads at what time a user double-clicks a file. If these files are not configured appropriately a word document opens in WordPad. If the word is not installed on your system then word files will open in several wrong application. File associations make it simple for Windows users on the way to double-click a file plus load the accurate program. As an alternative of finding the program in the record of shortcuts within the "Start" menu and after that open the file, the windows user is able to just double-click a file on the hard drive. A Word file extension automatically activates the WordPad program if the file association is wrong.

You can resolve your issue Via Registry Editor. This method or task contains steps which inform you how to change the registry. On the other hand, severe troubles may take place if you change the registry imperfectly. Thus, ensure that you follow these steps cautiously. Back up the registry

1. Click start menu and type regedit in the start search box and press Enter.
    2. Browse to the following key: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe
    3. Now alter the value of Default key to exefile
    4. After that go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT->exefile->shell->open->command
    5. Now alter value of Default key to: "%1" %*
    6. Now close Registry Editor and reboot your system.

You can also resolve this issue by Performing System Restore. It will take the laptop back to the point at what time the trouble did not be present. Make out if you be able to discover a appropriate restore point where the trouble had not shown up. After performing this you will be able to open the program with the suitable application. And hope that this will resolve your issue. If your trouble still persists then let me know.

Prevention or Solution: Uers are able to manually resolve the file associations on the laptop. For OS for example Windows XP, Windows 2003 as well as other older versions, the file association setting are found inside "Tools" and after that the "Folder Options" window from some Windows Explorer screen. Windows Vista plus Windows 7 present drag-and-drop associations. You can drag a file from its directory and drop it into an opened Word window on the task bar. Considerations in several cases, the Word app are despoiled, furthermore the user have to reinstall the application to resolve the file association.

I will recommend you to try the FileCure. Filecure is a extremely fast and simple to make use of file repair tool which will repair all incorrect file associations as well as file opening troubles by means of a single mouse click. FileCure simply opens several unsupported file format through every file extension. I recommend you to download the software that you’re computer or Laptop wants on the way to edit an unsupported file or else file which does not illustrate any identifiable icon. FileCure repairs each and every one file association as well as extension errors in your laptop and let you on the way to open a file within its associated application. A file does not open at what time the associated application is not installed in your laptop or else incorrect programs get associated through a particular file extension and that application be unsuccessful to open your file.