Thread: Search programs and files on the Start menu is not working in windows 7

Search programs and files on the Start menu is not working in windows 7

I have problem in my windows 7 operating system .my Search programs and files on the Start menu is not working properly. For case, if I press Start as well as after that type "Notepad", I got told, No items match your search. I have attempted the variety of idea I encountered on Google, as well as not anything have effort. So if anyone know what I have to do to get solve my issue then please let me know about it over here.

Re: Search programs and files on the Start menu is not working in windows 7

I would advise you to modify the registry for that you have to Navigate to the place: C:\Windows\System32 as well as search for cmd, after that you have to right press on the image as well as choose Run as administrator from the list. After that at the command prompt, you have to type net stop search to end the Search Service After that you have to Press Windows key + R at the same time as well as type in "regedit" in the Run box and press Enter. After that you have to Right-press on “Windows Search” as well as select Permissions. On the Security tab, confirm that Administrator is the holder as well as has full control of the key. Inside the "Windows Search" registry key, you have to locate the Setup finished effectively value on the right pane. Then you have to Double-press Setup as well as alter its value to 0.then you have to delete the registry keys.

If the key is not able to then you have to Right-press the key as well as press Permission then you have to press the "Advanced" key. Then On the "Owner" tab, you have to confirm your account is the present owner. If not, you have to press "Other users or groups" to put in your account. After that choose your account, make sure "Replace holder on sub containers as well as objects" plus press OK on the windows. Then you have to Navigate to the place: C:\Windows\System32 in addition to search for cmd, right press on the image as well as choose Run as administrator from the list. At the command prompt, you have to type the following command to delete the default index position folder:rd %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows /S /Q

If you never got solution to your problem then you have to run the in-built troubleshooter to observe if the problem is able to determine. To perform this you have to go to start after that Control Panel and then Troubleshooting. After that in system and security you have to choose search and Indexing choice. Then you have to go through the wizard to troubleshoot the issue.

hey I have the related problem. i have a brand new PC which I get regarding three days ago, as a result I have barely changed something. I observe this issue first time I attempt searching on the Start menu. According to that page, I am not capable to run the Fix It tool as I am on Windows 7.Troubleshooting could not recognize the issue. There is no "Rebuild" key that dialog, however I did attempt rebuilding before as well as the issue still exists, so please suggest me even