Thread: How to delete folder in 'my documents' junction point Windows 7

How to delete folder in 'my documents' junction point Windows 7

I have a myfolder (I am assuming 'my documents' is a junction point.) Right press properties of the folder as well as the path are in fact C:\users\username\documents\myfolder. Though, while I browse to C:\users\username\ there is no documents folder! Merely my documents folder, which is automatically there for backwards compatibility? The issue is that I would like to delete 'my folder' as well as I am able to merely observe it from C:\users\username\my documents\myfolder. While I attempt to delete it I find."You require permission to do this action". I am an admin on the system as well as have disabled UAC. I have in use rights of the file too. As well, I have installed Visual Studio, as well as by understanding the defaults, it come into view that the 'my documents' folder has been the default installation path for the whole thing. I do not keep in mind this being an option. So please help me out.

Re: How to delete folder in 'my documents' junction point Windows 7

I would like you to make sure if you have decided permissions in addition to the file you are attempting to delete plus ensure if that assist. For that you have to Right press on the file as well as choose Properties. After that you have to press on the Security tab as well as press Edit. Now you have to press Add in addition to type either everyone or the username that you desire to grant permissions in Enter the object names to choose as well as press Check Names. And then press OK. Now choose the username you typed from Group or user names as well as make sure Full Control in Permission for. And then press Apply plus OK. Make sure if you be able to delete the file.

As much as default installation path is troubled, make sure to observe if the registry has the right settings. For that you have to press Start after that type regedit in the Start Search box, as well as after that press regedit in the Programs list. If you have an administrator password or verification, you have to give your password, or press Continue. After that place as well as select the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion. On the right pane, you have to confirm the charge data for the name ProgramFilesDir is C:\Program Files as well as for ProgramFilesPath, it is %ProgramFiles%.

This part contains steps that inform you how to adjust the registry. Though, serious issues might happen if you modify the registry wrongly. So, you have to confirm that you follow these steps cautiously. For additional defense, back up the registry before you adjust it. After that, you be able to restore the registry if a issue take place. so you have to try this method may you got solution to your issue so you have to try this at least once.

I have the similar issue although in Windows xp Pro original as well as patched until today. The issue is merely while the junction points to one more partition; while the junction points to a folder in the similar partition it goes okay. I make a folder INSIDE c:\garb\orig; ACL IS OK proprietary is me as well as everybody has total power for that folder. The folder is c:\garb\orig\todelete. I am able to delete from windows Explorer the folder and every file I create. I do not delete the junction, however file plus folder inside. I do not touch the junction. so please help me.