Thread: View DMP file in Windows Directory

View DMP file in Windows Directory

I often leave my computer running inactive for while. It more often than not goes to sleep mode whenever I do... but lately I have been having problem with it accidentally resetting itself. I am uncertain precisely what is causing it but I get an error message when I reboot that states something similar to "Windows has recovered from an unexpected Shutdown". When I verify the cause it shows "Blue Screen" and the "Source: Kernel-Power Event ID:41” . But there is my one more question .Is there any method to outlook the DMP file in the windows directory? Maybe it can provide more information.

Re: View DMP file in Windows Directory

method to outlook the DMP file in the windows directory? Maybe it can provide more information.I too had faced similar sort of issue . I formatted the hard drive and did and unfortunately I had to install of Windows 7. That seemed to have resolved the issue but that too temporarily, but later on it s came back and then I too did not knew what could have done The system has restarted without plainly shutting down first. This error could because of the system stopped responding, or it might have crashed, or lost power without warning. But still I could not resolve the issue but could not get the complete solution .

Some of the people consider it as a Power supply or PSU unit faulty . But I do not think so , as yopu had mentioned that you are facing a Blue Screen error after yu turn on your system. I thin then it is the issue related with the RAM i\chip being installed in your system. So for diagnosing the issue you can run the RAM test, if you have more than one RAM chip installed in your system then you can remove one and remain the other one and then reboot the system again thus you can diagnose what is the possible error among the system and isolate which RAM hip is actually gone faulty , I think there can also be an issue wit the graphic card as well.

I do not think that Power supply is responsible for this issue , problems with Power supply will not resolve itself by again reinstalling windows. It can be in your power settings since it seems like a ATI application is not responding. What you can do is you can disable sleep mode for a while and all power savings settings and make out if that solves the issue , then you recognize and identify for sure that it is not the Power supply.

Well most of the BSOD or Blue screen error are cause due to faulty RAM , but once diagnosed that the RAM is not faulty you can run the test on the graphic card as well , for that you can just remove those graphic card from its respective slot and then attach the video cable to the integrated port that come along with the motherboard and then reboot the system , if you do not get any BSOD , it is quite sure that your video card is damaged well if you ask my opinion .