Thread: Unable to find NK2 file in Windows7

Unable to find NK2 file in Windows7

Hey guys does some one knows where is the NK2 files in Windows 7 operating system, I have spend my whole night yesterday in searching the file and was unable to get it. Before I had the Windows xp operating system on my computer through which I was easily able to get the NK2 file that stores the email address of the recipients, so I urgently require to know where is the email address being stored. So can some one help me to know where would I get this file on Windows 7.

Re: Unable to find NK2 file in Windows7

Hey I think that the file has to be in the document that contains your Outlook folder because I think that all the mail transactions have to performed by the Outlook and that could be the possible reason for having the NK2 file in that. Also, I would suggest that you should not use the NK2 file for string any contacts as they are very delicate and can get effected due to virus. Also If it is very important for you to keep the contacts then I would request you to develop a database that will have all the necessary information that you want.

Hey I have got this NK2 file stored in the location C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook and I think that you will also be able to get the same file on the same folder. Also, if you want you can even search for that file using the search options that are available to you in the start menu. I think that this is the only other way from where you can get this file or else I think that your file might have got deleted unknowingly.

Thank you friends for the quick reply, but I forget to mention that I am using a 64-version of the Windows and I have searched the file in the link that you have specified in your post but then also I was not able to find the location of the NK2 file. I am sure that the file has got deleted or not but I would like to know are there any other location or any other way through which I can get access to the NK2 file.