Thread: PDF documents go INVISIBLE while searching on Windows 7

PDF documents go INVISIBLE while searching on Windows 7

I have installed Windows 7 operating system on my computer system last week and although I have not faced any performance issue nor any application error on this operating system, but there is one such bug on the operating system as when I do the internal searching of the PDF document using the search option of the Windows operating system, I found out that the PDF document goes invisible. Although I am easily able to create the PDF document and even update or move but if I have to search the document I am unable to get the document on the search list, so can any one be able to know why this is happening and what can be done to solve the problem as I am having too many PDF files and searching each and every one takes a hell lot of time.

Re: PDF documents go INVISIBLE while searching on Windows 7

Hey I have also went through the same problem and was really frustraiting for me also, after searching for various information I finally contacted Adobe tech support who informed me that the 64-64-bit filter is still to be tested on Windows 7, so if you are having 64 bit version of the Windows 7 installed on your computer system, then I think that you will not be able to index the PDF files thorough the search functionality of the search engine. So if you really want to make use of this index technique of your search button of your Windows 7 then you will have to switch to 32-bit version of the Windows 7.

Hey why don’t you try and use the foxit iFilter package to will help you to store all the PDF file on one platform and using that you can easily query for which ever PDF file that you want, more importantly this will run on both 32 and 64 bit version of the Windows 7 operating system. Also, this application provides you with much more feature as compared to the normal search options that the Windows operating system has, so I think that this would be the best option for you to use.

I have been using the 32 bit version of Windows 7 and then also I am not able to access the search option that provides with the files that I have created. Also, I have used the foxit iFilter package but I find it very difficult to handle as it is very complex then the general search function that is available to us. SO does any one have a good suggestion so as to know what can be done to overcome this problem.