Thread: Which user interface should be choosen to run on Easy-Debian

Which user interface should be choosen to run on Easy-Debian

Hello friend I have Nokia N900 on which I have installed Easy –Debian application that will help me to access to various application through a single click on my N900. I am able to surf through all the latest application using this package but the big question is that will all the windowing application like GNOME, KDE OR XFCE. I would like to have a good user interface for my mobile phone but I would want to know that which would be the better of the these, so as to easily help me to get the access all the application easily.

Re: Which user interface should be choosen to run on Easy-Debian

Hey you can have any one of them they are all equally effective for you and one thing that I would want you to get clear is that none of them are windowing application but they are desktop environments that run on the top of your Easy Debain and will allow you to carry out the complex task that you will only be able to do with the computer system. I would like to specially allow you to go for GNOME which is highly reliable and securable as compared to the other.

As for having the User interface is concerned, I would like to ask you that if you want to start a new window manager than you can do it through debian chroot . To do this you will have to perform the following through the chroot command prompt.
    run Debian chroot
    Code:
    • sudo apt-get install xnest
    • sudo apt-get install jwm
    • Xnest :1 -ac -geometry 800x430
    • jwm -display :1

This will help you in starting a new window seesion that will have the same effect as that of the GNOME ,KDE OR XFCE. I hope that you understand what I am trying to say.

I would reckon you to go for KDE since the application performs all the basic desktop functions in a more simpler and easy manner. Not only this application helps a user but if there is a developer using this application then I this application even provides with tools and documentation to them to write stand-alone applications for the system. It provides simplicity of use, existing functionality, and excellent graphical design with the technological authority for the Linux operating system.