Thread: Is it possible to multiboot N900

Is it possible to multiboot N900

Hey guys, I have purchased Nokia N900 and till now I have enjoyed each and every functions that the mobile provides, but I am thinking of one such possibility although silly but I think that if possible than it will lead to very good advantage for all of us. The problem is that I would like to have multiboot on my N900 first using PR1.2 and next using PR1.3. I would like to have this because there are some of the application that does not work on PR1.2 but works on PR1.3 and again there are others which works on vice versa. So I think that if this thing is possible, it will lead to a very good advantage to me and if this is possible so can any one who knows this please provide me with quick suggestion.

Re: Is it possible to multiboot N900

Well this is something silly but I think that if we are able to include all the functionality of a computer system in mobile phone then why not include multi boot as well. I think that this kind of functionality is still missing on smart phones and company should now look to even include this in mobile phones as well. As far as using application is concerned I think that you will certainly be able to run all the application you want depending upon the PR version because that there all the PR version application available on the internet which you can easily download it.

Although I haven’t tried yet but I think that there is a kind of utility that helps us to switch too and forth between two operating system installed in our mobile phones. These utility are called as boot loaders through with which you will be able to load the PR1.2 and PR1.3 and then from there you will be able to switch between any operating system you want that is you will be able to perform multiboot through your mobile. Since I haven’t tried yet so I don’t know whether it works smoothly or not on N900, but I think that you should give a try.

My friend does mutiboot in his Windows Mobile phones with the help of Exceller Multiple Build Loader which is again a good boot loader application. This application allows to detect multiple OS installed in the mobile. You have to place the os on the SD card and from there you will be able to switch between them using this software. I know that this must be Windows based product and can handle Android os but this is certainly not the case, this application is also able to handle the Linux os, so you will be bale to smoothly use this on your N900 mobile phone as well.

I think that this kind of functionality is only been implement by Microsoft for their Android based mobile phones and still other manufactures are in the process of implementing it. So I think that your N900 will not be able to hold the muitiboot functionality. The N900 will only handle one operating system at a time and you will have to either use the PR1.2 or PR1.3 at a single time. I think since you are facing the problem of the application compatibility with the os, so I think that the only way to make the application run on the N900 is to constantly look for updates and keep the OS updated which will make the newer application to run on it.

According to me you should try the he Gen.Y DualBOOT application on your N900 that will allow for multiboot on your mobile phone. The best part of this application is that it comes with the feature to allows to automatic boot that is the autoboot to any of the OS that you have on the SD card of your mobile phone with the help of a count down timer. This will help you to set the timer and the phone will automatically change to which ever OS you have chosen.