Thread: windows 7: My recent documents is disappeared from start menu

windows 7: My recent documents is disappeared from start menu

i am not able to access my recent documents from my windows 7 start menu. I am installed windows 7 OS in my Dell inspiron laptop. It was working fine till the last few days, but suddenly from yesterday night I am facing this problem. I encountered this when I tried to locate a file, which I deleted from my machine, but is listed in recent document list under start menu. It is not showing over there. What might be cause for this problem? Is there may be having any idea on this issue? Insert nay suggestion freely, any input be help me greatly.

Re: windows 7: My recent documents is disappeared from start menu

There is a path from where you are able to locate the file which is removed from your machine, whereas about the files missing from start menu as per my knowledge this problem is occurs for the operating system. You can able to locate the path from the recent folder, where each and every file, which is recently visited will stored. So I recommend you to enter the bellow mentioned path location into the search commend line and hit enter, this will redirect you into the recent file location folder, from the you can easily chooser the desire file which you are willing to open. The path is : C:\Users\(User Name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent Items.

I am having another way to locate recently visited file, instead from my recent documents under start menu. Type and insert “recent” into the run or search command line, and press enter or go. It will open a window, where those files are listed, which is recently visited by you in your machine. This wills also list the file, if that one removed from the system. I was also facing similar issue just few months ago, after that know about this technique from one of my friend. I did this process, and the process solved. I can able to locate the file, which I removed from my machine, and also my recent documents are not showing in the start menu. Try this.

Relevant issue is occurring in my Dell machine, where I delete a file from my machine, by right click on the file name and then select delete option. Those this was also not physically removed from my machine, I can easily recover this one, but here the problem starts, after recover the file, when I double click on it to open this one, it flashes a message that the file is not able to open by windows. What is the message trying to mean? I am not a technical person, so I have no information about this type of problem. is there anyone having any information about this issue? Suggest me any trick o resolve this.