Thread: How often PC should defragmented

How often PC should defragmented

How often should we defragment our PC? Around one year have passed after buying my PC. But I have not done this for a single time. So related to this I want to know that is something it is very important. So related to this if you have any knowledge then please informed me over here. And also tell me that at what interval we have to defragment PC.

re: How often PC should defragmented

The question of the defragment arises mainly from how to bypass the file system (with Windows FAT32, NTFS or newer) with the files and what do you do with your PC. The result is also the reason why it is nonsense to defragment Linux. Save you hit, then runs off your windows and searches the hard disk the first available large open area and starts since the data to enroll and when it encounters an already-described range, then write it interrupts and tries again a free area, etc. You see, the file disintegrates slowly, you could work around this is to never delete such files and never changed again, but who does that, except for one probably an archive.

Linux is running according to the press release and searches a free area that is large enough to store the entire file in one piece and if it do not find a sufficient range, then it looks for the largest possible area. This fall, the files hardly at all and accordingly one must not defragment. If you often slightly install, or even regularly revising (also save scores etc.) then you should at least on Windows already time to look to time that you defragmented the system, as I have said enough to out in general, the software and then can you ever needed to 1x per month 1x per year to level off, depending on how your habits are.

The best you can find out about a test that will cost (except time) nothing. It must be said however that, Normally, the time a defragmentation requires the level of fragmentation and Depends of the speed of the hard disk and the amount of free unfragmented memory, so it is unlikely that here arise in similar conditions, a significant time lag, and if they are only marginally because the algorithm for Search and find different from free space to the appropriate size should. But you should assume that the developer of the file system that can also maintain the best so I see no reason for such software, meaningful way file systems work without little or no fragmenting.

If you put a SSD use on Windows with NTFS, you MUST already defragment, you should not do that but to avoid unnecessary writes the notes as right was to reduce the life of the SSD. This is one of the reasons, for example I always advise against a SSD to be used with Windows if it is possible to restrict logging and fragmentation effect. So just go for this I am sure that this will help you in order to get the proper solution of your issue.

Assuming you are using Windows, you should analyze the fragmentation levels and see how often your drive seems to need a defrag from the report of the analysis. Defragmenting will help prevent lags and slowdowns by keeping the data access fast. Alternatively, get one of the automatic commercial defrag programs and install to run in the real time mode. Defrag will take place automatically.

nomut Guest

interesting for me,thanks