Thread: How to change the color of the start button in Linux mint

How to change the color of the start button in Linux mint

I have been using Linux mint for quite some time and I cannot stop praising about its features. Everything is quite perfect about the Linux mint and there is no problem in the working. Well I had a small query regarding its feature which I decided to share it with you. I wanted to know how to change the color of the start button. When I change the color of the start button and if I keep the theme of the menu same then the start button color does not changes at all. So why is that so? Could you please help me in solving this issue?

Re: How to change the color of the start button in Linux mint

I have a very simple solution for you do try it. I am explaining you in a step by step method below
    1) First you have to right click on the menu button and in the list of the options. Select preferences.
    2) There you will get the button icon and from there change the logo that you want.
    3) Do save the changes and return back. You will get to see the changes in the button.
    Hope you have got the necessary information here.

I think you must go with this solution. What you have to do is try changing the theme of your desktop and then change only the menu theme and you will get the necessary changes. Your start button will give you a different look. Although the theme of the menu will be different from the other desktop. It will be matching with your start button. So you cannot do many changes there. Even i have tried with the same method and the result was good that's why i thought i would recommend this method to you. So do try this method and let me know if it works or not.

I would like you to go and check out the gnome color chooser. This particular application will be very helpful. So do try with this particular application especially if you want to add some more effects to your desktop and also the various toolbars and the start menu. So do try installing the particular application and installing it in your system. It will definitely help you. So do let me know if this particular application had helped you or not.

I tried with all the suggestions suggested by you. I tried with the gnome color chooser application and sadly I did not find much effects in the color department. So that was of not so much use to me. I tried changing the theme of the mint menu and this time the color definitely changed and gave me the appropriate result. the color of the start button has definitely changed and it is looking much better now. I am very happy with the final output now and i would like to recommend this method to my other friends as well. So thanks a lot for all the information that you have given. It has definitely given me a lot of input on this particular subject. Thanks a lot for the efforts.