Thread: Error: Setting up firmware-b43-installer (4.150.10.5-4) low-power chip not supported with PCI id 14e4:4315! While updating Linux ubuntu

Error: Setting up firmware-b43-installer (4.150.10.5-4) low-power chip not supported with PCI id 14e4:4315! While updating Linux ubuntu

I was recently trying to update my Linux ubuntu. So when i was trying to update it gave me a certain error while trying to update. It was a very long error. I read the whole error but I did not get the exact idea. So that’s why I thought its best to ask this from you all. So I am giving you a report of the error that was encountered in my system below do read it and get back to me what can be the possible solution for this error.
    Code:
    Setting up firmware-b43-installer (4.150.10.5-4) ...
    low-power chip not supported with PCI id 14e4:4315!
    subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status (1)
    configured to not write apport reports
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    firmware-b43-installer

Re: Error: Setting up firmware-b43-installer (4.150.10.5-4) low-power chip not supported with PCI id 14e4:4315! While updating Linux ubuntu

Well it seems that the new update that you are trying to install is not supported by the hardware of your system. So that’s why it is giving you such error. The wifi card chip that you are using may be outdated and that’s why it is not supporting it. So do try installing some good wifi card for your system and then try with the installation and see the changes in your system it will definitely help you. So do the necessary changes with the hardware it will help.

Re: Error: Setting up firmware-b43-installer (4.150.10.5-4) low-power chip not supported with PCI id 14e4:4315! While updating Linux ubuntu

Well this is to inform you that my wifi is running properly and I am not encountering any problem with the working of the wifi. So is it necessary that I should continue with the update process and will this partial or unsuccessful update will give any problem with the working of my system. I am asking this because I want to see my system running well and I don’t want any error at any point of time. So do answer my queries as soon as possible.

Well if your wifi is working properly then there is no reason to worry. However the firmware-b43 that is mentioned in the error is related to the wifi card which is Broadcom based wireless NIC. So it seems that your installation was unsuccessful while updating the packages for the particular wifi card. So what you have to do is just try remove or flush out the cache in the system that will definitely help you. Do try removing them it will definitely help.

Hey thanks a lot for the suggestions that you have given. Well let me tell you that I am trying to look out for the various methods that will help me in the removal of all the pending packages in the system. I need to do this as soon as possible because due to this it is causing a lot of problem with the installation of the other packages. I cannot go ahead with the installation of the medibuntu package. Anyways thanks a lot for the information that you have given.