Thread: windows 7: not able to stream media file with WMP

windows 7: not able to stream media file with WMP

using from last 2 years a machine which was compatible with windows vista OS, recently upgrade the machine into windows 7 OS. I mainly use this machine for media streaming like directly from internet and from Xbox and from home theater equipment. Other specifications of the machine are 4GB ram, 456 GB hard drive, along with w high definition Ati radeon graphical interface. I usually stream online media file by suing windows media player, this was working fine till the last few weeks. But suddenly from yesterday it stopped working, while I click on stream media option, it direct me there is no media file to stream. I searched everywhere for the solution but found nothing. So I am here. Suggest me some tricks to solve this issue.

Re: windows 7: not able to stream media file

Though I was also facing similar issue in my machine, where I was using windows media streaming facility to stream media files from my home theater. After that I did a deep search on this issue, and found a solution, I applied and the problem is solved, so I also like to recommend you to go through this process, it will surely help you to stream offline media files. First of all make sure that the media center is switched to library, now click on stream button, it will direct you to locate the media file from library, select and click on open button. It will easily start streaming of that selected file. Along with this, it also works if you are looking for share the file, via internet or some other web application like Xbox.

If you are trying to access the media file from directly a web site, then the problem that you mentioned in your post may be occurring for the firewall option. In your machine the firewall application that you are using, go to the setting windows of that application program, and from there look for the stream option. Some of antivirus programs are by default set as disable to stream media file. For that check it properly and make it enable. I hope by this you will be able to overcome from, this able. I had similar issue and I found that, the problem is for firewall setting, I did this and eth problem is solved.

If this problem occurring particularly for windows media player then I think I have a solution for this problem, and this can be solved by some of the changes, because I was also having similar issue, after applying those changes the problem is solved. Go to the network and sharing option ion your machine, from there right click on the PC and choose manage option, now open services and network and sharing, from there under services , click in to Upnp device host , right click on that and select restart option, leave this one to set as automatic. Now go to the Network Sharing service of media player, here also righty click and select restart option, make it as the automatic mode. Try this; I hope this will definitely helps you to overcome from the problem.