Thread: Omnom game for N900 users

Omnom game for N900 users

Hi people, I have bought a Nokia N900 and I have maemo 5 operating system installed in it , I had played a lot of games in my computer system and in my smart phone as well, but as far as small games are concerned , I used to play a lot of the Pacman game. I have heard a game almost similar to it has been developed in this maemo as well, if it is correct please tell me , from I can down load it and I can install it in my phone.

Re: Omnom game for N900 users

Over the most recent few months , I have been observing this game as well . It is coded in python using pygame and characteristics a pyqt gui. It plays like pacman, with a few changes .At present the characteristics are as follows:
    • It has 15 distinct levels (including a expert level).
    • It provides multiple users to play Multiplayer (local only at present ).
    • Custom level formation .
    • It has numerous control schemes .
    • You can log your scores Highscore table .

Currently the code is quite disorganized, the frame rate is quite slow at stock speed (suggested 850mhz for full fps). Also, it a lot simpler to play on a six axis or exterior keyboard than it is on the N900 keyboard. Well it may need some time while you optimize it if you are quite familiar in python, as the majority of it was trial and error For example, that score screen is over 100 lines long and totally hardcoded. I'm sure there are much more traditional method of doing it The game itself is much superior programmed but as I said the only means to run it at full speed at this instant is with overclocking.

In it's present condition it is just a group of python scripts, so if anyone could help me wrap up it into a deb I would be content to. I could with no trouble make a script to install all files to the related locations but I think it should in fact like get released it appropriately .If you can get it in a resource repository I could do a few packaging (and maybe assist debug / optimize) in corresponding..

It's significanct doing without Overclocking. Just ensure you have no other applications running and immobilize sound effects from the config menu .The levels could also be generated much better with no supplementary code. It would just need editing of the level.py files and you can even add to the block size using the BLOCK_SIZE changeable in the main (nom.py) file. Of course the pictures would have to be engorged to be equivalent, but I know how to work on this whenever.