Thread: Unable to delete large files in windows 7

Unable to delete large files in windows 7

Hi I am facing an unusual problem with the system that I am using. Actually the thing here is that whenever I am trying to delete a file which I large in size then the process tales too much time to delete it. And sometimes it will show me that the system is deleting the file but it will not do so and the deleting process will continue forever until I am not hard booting my system. I don’t know what it wrong with it but my windows 7 is behaving in this manner. Is there is any way that will help me out of this.

Re: Unable to delete large files in windows 7

I have gone through the problem that you are facing and it seems to me that there is some kind of issue with the operating system of yours. Now what you have to do here is that just uninstall the operating system that you are using and then again install the same and the fresh copy of it. I am sure that if you are installing the same then you will not get any of the issue but keep one thing in mind that you are going to install the ultimate version of the same.

It happens sometimes the system behaves in a way in which we really don’t want it to do that. Now in your case as you say that it is taking long time to delete a file so what you have to do is just start the system in safe mode and then and then see whether you are able to delete the files that you are trying to. I hope that in safe mode you will not get any problem or any other issue and also will help you to resolve the problem.

I have gone through the problem that you are facing and it seems to me that the folder that you are trying to delete is corrupted and that is the reason why you are not able to remove the same. So what you have to do here is that try and remove the folder from Add remove program if it is a software. I guess if the folder corrupted then it will definitely give you the problem. And a virus scan might help you on this case.